Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Fordillac sleeper

oldscool

Well, this is number four for the year and they have all been Round2 reissues. Built it as a sleeper that gives no hint of the Caddy engine under the hood. No protruding tailpipes or anything other than a floor shift conversion. I used Tamiya AS-8 Navy Blue with no clear coatΒ  as I remember many of them being faded to just about this state back in the day. OOB except for replacing the radiator hose with a single one instead of the under scale Y shaped thing that it came with and filling one of the holes in the radiator tank. Trouble free build except for the fit of the grille and front splash pan which required some jiggery- pokery and a bit of minor butchery to get right and having to strip and repaint the whole body. Thought about leaving off the trim rings but I just like the way they look and still can't decide if I want to use the air cleaner or not.

What can I say about this kit. It's a nice old AMT trophy kit that builds easily and certainly looks the part.

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Really cool Shoebox, color look just right.Β  Wonder if that Caddy mill wouldn't require a 12- volt battery though.

I thought the same thing but have no 12 volt in my parts box. Since the pics were taken I have detail painted the terminals and caps.

Cool build Gerald. I agree with Dan Hay about fitting the bill of a moonshine car. High power, low key. In Australia we effectionaly call this model Ford the "single spinner" for obvious reasons. Again, cool sleeper.

Cheers,Β  David. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘