Model Cars Magazine Forum

3D drawing help

11 hours ago, Repstock said:

This is my first 3D drawing. Will all the extra surrounding lines affect the use of the model? I'm still learning, But I'd like to use this if I can. I waited to the end to scale it, and if I try to erase the extra lines, It returns to too large.

AAAAA.JPG

Hey Tom, I think you did well for your first drawing. I may have to give that a go myself.

My recommendation is to redraw it in the correct scale, or leave it in the original size and rescale the stl.

1 hour ago, MeatMan said:

Hey Tom, I think you did well for your first drawing. I may have to give that a go myself.

My recommendation is to redraw it in the correct scale, or leave it in the original size and rescale the stl.

I redrew it in the correct scale. Now I don't have to worry about it. 

1 hour ago, my66s55 said:

If they don't have a face and are just lines they won't print. I use the Meshlab program to check my files for correctness. It will show you what the file will print.

I redrew it before I saw your reply. Nice to know the lines won't print. My program analyzed the drawing and saw no issues.

• Like 1