Model Cars Magazine Forum

Warren Tope Mustang Trans Am AMT Kit Reissue.

I finished this up a couple days ago. A pretty easy build, but the hardest thing for me was the paint job. Using an old Kodak ezshare z 710 camera, so the colors are not quite right. It doesn't do blue very well.

100_3574.JPG

100_3577.JPG

100_3576.JPG

100_3578.JPG

100_3584.JPG

100_3579.JPG

Edited by mark 23
wrong picture
  • Like 1

Nice build.  For better or worse AMT did not modify the body of the kit for this issue so needless to say the car as raced had body modifications.  The chassis goes back to the 68 Shelby GT500 kit and AMT “added” a section to lengthen it to fit the 71-73 kits.  I’ve have one in progress I need to finish and you’re right about the paint scheme which was no fun.

664E560C-19ED-4C3F-8994-4E939A819590.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

56 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Nice build.  For better or worse AMT did not modify the body of the kit for this issue so needless to say the car as raced had body modifications.  The chassis goes back to the 68 Shelby GT500 kit and AMT “added” a section to lengthen it to fit the 71-73 kits.  I’ve have one in progress I need to finish and you’re right about the paint scheme which was no fun.

So did they add to the chassis where that funky piece goes across by the exhaust pipes?  You are right about it not being as raced. Pictures of the real car are hard to find. I was going to modify the rear wheel area for bigger tires, but decided just to go ahead & build it as is. I  wish the Firestone tires were a bit wider in the back.

Edited by mark 23
  • Like 1