Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT C 900 refuse truck

Another model I am building for my oldest grandson . This one will be mounted on a board and put up on a shelf where he won’t be able to get at it . ( maybe ) Not building it as I would if I was keeping it but not trying to make a mess . That kid loves trash trucks . Not sure why . Engine done ( 33 pieces ) . Cab was painted Tamiya racing white with a green roof . Trash body will be that same green . Will make some signs for it with his name on them . So far a pretty nice kit . 

98D275A7-7037-4A3C-A83A-EB8CD32ABE1F.jpeg

5E6B0B3F-2F31-4891-8418-CD459B126EA9.jpeg

BC439343-4649-4FEE-B4ED-1889E5E90270.jpeg

• Like 2

I work at the world's largest museum of fire apparatus, equipment and memorabilia. It is extremely common for youngsters to come in excited to see the fire trucks and many of them are described by their parents as "crazy about firetrucks." 

But, it's surprising how many little guys are equally "crazy" about trash trucks!!! 

I simply cannot explain that. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dave.   Ya, Danno it so weird, if he hears a trash truck in his neighbor hood he stops what ever he is doing and just listens. Thursday is trash day where he lives and he is right there when it comes. If he id not down in the garage he is at the window and watching from above. He has at least a dozen trash truck toys.

16 hours ago, Danno said:

I work at the world's largest museum of fire apparatus, equipment and memorabilia. It is extremely common for youngsters to come in excited to see the fire trucks and many of them are described by their parents as "crazy about firetrucks." 

But, it's surprising how many little guys are equally "crazy" about trash trucks!!! 

What is it they say, Danno?  One person's trash (truck) is another person's treasure??😆

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chariots of Fire said:

What is it they say, Danno?  One person's trash (truck) is another person's treasure??😆

Precisely.  

A couple of times the parents have asked if there is a garbage truck museum.  So far, I've resisted the temptation to direct them to the landfill.

😉

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:43 PM, Danno said:

The trash trucks are the first truck when we are are small we se on a regular basis . When we grow up we move on to fire trucks and semi trucks.  That’s the way it was for me…

Real nice start Ray! Frame and engine looks nice..  Very thoughtful gift!

• Like 1

Well Carl, I could say the cat knocked it off my bench but I don't have a cat. The truth is I got so fed up with what I considered to be terrible directions and ill fitting parts ( others may think different ) that i slammed my fist down on it. Childish I know but I lost my cool and I just did it without thinking. I am still glad I did it however. It's all good. 😄

On 10/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, cobraman said:

Well Carl, I could say the cat knocked it off my bench but I don't have a cat. The truth is I got so fed up with what I considered to be terrible directions and ill fitting parts ( others may think different ) that i slammed my fist down on it. Childish I know but I lost my cool and I just did it without thinking. I am still glad I did it however. It's all good. 😄

I sure hope you didn't throw it out, I love those old C900 Fords and would hate to know that it was trashed. If you want to find it a new home, PM me and I will show it some love.