Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any suggestions on paint selection?

I'm working on the altered that Atlantis makes. I thought yellow was yellow.... how wrong I was.... I had some Testors spray yellow enamal, Did the Tamiya white primer thing and did the decanting... and did a first coat... Yuck! Drab yellow....now i wanna go to the other spectrum. I'd love to have a few suggestions... I'm thinking metalflake yellow....What's the brightest yellow out there for models???? I'd love to find something that's stunning.  Thanks in advance everyone.....

Not sure they will have the exact color you are looking for but I rely mostly on TAMIYA paints. They do have a few yellows you could choose from. Burbank House of Hobbies seems to always have the colors I am looking for and they have pretty quick shipping. Good luck with your project.

No you're not too late. I ended up not painting it pearl yellow. I had a can Testors White Lightning which is a pretty awesome pearl  paint that just felt better for the little Atlantis Altered.... The contrast of the white pearl body against the black frame and tires just said all business for a competition altered. Thanks for writing... I really appreciate it. Oh and i did use white Tamiya primer....:-)