Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 October 2022

Raoul Ross

That Supra is one of the very best efforts of the MPC team before they were absorbed in the AMT-Ertl acquisition.  Highly recommended on this end.  

As far as the Monte Carlo kit, that subject is not appealing to me, but Honda four cylinder and trailer are first class additions that justify the purchase of the kit if you are interested in this topic.  The Honda four could be further accessorized with the parts from the Honda fours in the MPC Trikes kit series, as they have been reissued in recent years, and provide plated parts and greater detail in several of the components.  Here's a look at that late 1970's style Coffin-tank Chopper, assembled box stock....TB 

DSC 0729 MPC Honda Chopper

DSC 0723

DSC 0698

DSC 0724

DSC 0725

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Only one I'm interested in is the '64 Comet. Already have a Monte Carlo and two '68 Road Runners. I don't remember the snap Viper and Mustang. 

The Viper and Mustang were part of that SnapFAST line of kits they did that had several promo style "annuals", a couple of older cars (there was a Vette & Cuda off the top of my head) and all the trucks that never got made into full kits (Tahoe, Dodge 3500 Dually, etc).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RickRollerLT1 said:

Celica Supra and the '32 Ford Vicky resto mod gots my names on it!

The MPC Celica Supra is a very nice kit and leads to great customizing opportunities with the AMT '95 Supra. Just finished a '83 restored from a gluebomb here 

Think it would work great with the XL wheel tires sets, too. BTW where did the tooling for those end up?

13 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Probably just part of their Archives/Collection stuff

They shouldn't do that. If they don't have it and aren't going to create them, that just leads to questions and disappointments. 

On the other hand, if it has anything to do with the special kit that has yet to be announced.... 🤔

53 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

They shouldn't do that. If they don't have it and aren't going to create them, that just leads to questions and disappointments. 

On the other hand, if it has anything to do with the special kit that has yet to be announced.... 🤔

What Aurora stuff that survives is over at Atlantis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Or...if many questions come in....they get a feeling if there's interest in that particular subject matter or not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, TIP-TOP said:

Looking forward to the '68 Roadrunner release, all older Roadrunner kits on ebay have $ soared. Nothing else to my liking especially that year monte carlo...Zzzzz.

Some of the big seller are right on the money or a few dollars more with free shipping..

It's nice to see some kits I really want to buy. The Supra is a for sure purchase, I'll probably get several. The Monte Carlo is another, mostly because of the Honda and the trailer. My son bought a Honda Bobber a couple years ago when he turned 18 and Mom could no longer veto his plan. Luckily for her it turned out to be more of a project than he realized and so he traded it for an old Dodge Dakota. I'm thinking I can modify the Honda to look like his bike. The Mustang will be another one to get a few copies of. I recently found the 1994 unassembled promo kit version I built back in the day. It'll be fun to do another.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...