Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1962 Buick Electra 225


ewetwo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tom. The color is from a small Dupli Color can I bought at a garage sale years ago. So I don’t know. Lol. Just thought it was the right color. It does say gm382w on the bottom. The interior is going to be a MotoMaster Honda Sage Green but doesn’t look green at all. Again a can dated 1994-95.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Tom. The color is from a small Dupli Color can I bought at a garage sale years ago. So I don’t know. Lol. Just thought it was the right color. It does say gm382w on the bottom. The interior is going to be a MotoMaster Honda Sage Green but doesn’t look green at all. Again a can dated 1994-95.

 

99F83448-57D1-41FB-BC0B-676681DF27F4.png

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I have several of those old Duplicolor paints in that size can. I like the colors of them but, like a lot of Testos paints their downfall was that they never printed the color on the can. I should have written the color.on them with a Sharpie.

Nice color and it looks lile you're off to a great start.

Later-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Yeah, I have several of those old Duplicolor paints in that size can. I like the colors of them but, like a lot of Testos paints their downfall was that they never printed the color on the can. I should have written the color.on them with a Sharpie.

Nice color and it looks lile you're off to a great start.

Later-

Thank you Tom. I buy those Duplicolor pants if I see them in estate sales. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info David and I'm not surprised it's an older can since that shade of blue isn't so common anymore. Not a bad idea to visit estate sales. In the meanwhile I have this '62 kit unbuilt so I'll be following along. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Thanks for the info David and I'm not surprised it's an older can since that shade of blue isn't so common anymore. Not a bad idea to visit estate sales. In the meanwhile I have this '62 kit unbuilt so I'll be following along. 

Nice. Can't wait to see it Tom.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...