Model Cars Magazine Forum

Challenger X Roadster

skymnky721

Greetings all,,enjoy the works on here.  This is a  "what if" car,, entire build  using leftovers from all my spare parts bxs,,so I have no idea what brand kit it is,,got it at a swap meet 1/2 built blob+ parts in a ziplock bag for 5$.  I didnt have a correct front grill set,,so I put a charger front grill on,,looks ok.  And the back tail lens area is a front grill from some custom kit of something. So its a kit bash for sure,,but it has its own look,,and thats all it needs.  Build on!

012.JPG

006.JPG

017.JPG

009.JPG

007.JPG

018.JPG

003.JPG

022.JPG

Edited by skymnky721
type
  • Like 4

Thanks so much guys,,you do some great stuff also.  Yea,,what I started with was just the body{ the stock kit was a convertible}, ,,interior bucket  and bare chassis,,no A-arm sets, or rear end,, no shaker scoop for hood  didnt have one in my stash of parts,,,thats it.  wasnt quite sure where it would go when I started it,,but that smoked windshield  looked good mocked up to the body,,the stock windshield frame was pretty crunched so I just cut it off. And the front seats are from some GM car,,cant remember which one. But it looks ok. The back bumper is some chevy  50's bumper,,I didnt have the stock front/rear lower  valence pcs for the body,,so just added something that looked like a bumper,,guess I could have done a bunch web chasing for all the right parts ,,but  didnt need to really.  Thanks for the  comments,,Build on!

Edited by skymnky721

I love it!  I built a street rod using mostly parts from my parts box and you know what… It’s one of the most fun builds I’ve ever done. To say nothing of the fact it cleans out your parts box. Anyhow you did a fantastic job on those my friend. - Mark

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, ybsluos said:

I love it!  I built a street rod using mostly parts from my parts box and you know what… It’s one of the most fun builds I’ve ever done. To say nothing of the fact it cleans out your parts box. Anyhow you did a fantastic job on those my friend. - Mark

Thanks so much,,I hear ya about the 1/2 built blobs,,much one can do with them.  Thanks again,,,S

013.JPG