Model Cars Magazine Forum

ACME 2022 Southern Nationals, November 5th. Model car show and swap meet.

Pico

We will be holding our 26th annual NNL on November 5th at the Smyrna Community Center, Smyrna, Ga. Themes are "Radwood", "Where were you in '62", and vintage Nascar. Show flyer link: 2022 ACME Southern Nationals – ACME (acme-ipms.com)

Online preregistration: 2022 NNL Online Model Registration Form – ACME (acme-ipms.com)

Our Facebook page: (20+) ACME - Atlanta Car Model Enthusiasts | Facebook

We will have a special display of 3D printed model cars. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:19 AM, Pico said:

Hey Mods,            Would you post this in Upcoming Events, please. 

Pico...I'm going to try to get to the meeting tomorrow, but I'm still buried in work.

One question...will there be a table section for "in primer" this time? 

Really no way in jell I can get anything done, but I'd like to show something, as this will definitely be my last time here before I move.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, Pico said:

We will be holding our 26th annual NNL on November 5th at the Smyrna Community Center, Smyrna, Ga. Themes are "Radwood", "Where were you in '62", and vintage Nascar. Show flyer link: 2022 ACME Southern Nationals – ACME (acme-ipms.com)

Online preregistration: 2022 NNL Online Model Registration Form – ACME (acme-ipms.com)

Our Facebook page: (20+) ACME - Atlanta Car Model Enthusiasts | Facebook

We will have a special display of 3D printed model cars. 

6 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Pico...I'm going to try to get to the meeting tomorrow, but I'm still buried in work.

One question...will there be a table section for "in primer" this time? 

Really no way in jell I can get anything done, but I'd like to show something, as this will definitely be my last time here before I move.

Yes, there will be a primer table!

1443176526_2022ACMENNLFlyer.jpg.a3827d861083aa0ac9cf003331a4467f.jpg

RadWood.jpg.f4a1a40969ccae3a4e30c0a83f35466d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I’ve been looking forward to this show since last year’s. It was truly a well run, first class event.

I’ll be the long haired dude in the blue Mopar shirt moseying around with a look of wonderment in my eyes. Please, walk up and say “hi”, as I do enjoy meeting fellow enthusiasts in person. Til tomorrow…

(oh yeah, a quick PSA for anyone driving in from N or NW GA and all points north: There will be Traffic Pacing on I-575 tomorrow. Plan accordingly.)

Well, another one's in the books. Great turnout, tables full of fine quality models, vendors with all kinds of cool stuff, etc. Got to meet and talk to some great people too, and Bill Cunningham had an original design this time, beautifully 3D printed, that is one of the best looking sports cars I've ever seen.

I thought last year that it would be hard to go beyond the quality of that show's best, but this year there were some models that were just staggering, that's how good they were.

Anyway, really great seeing the talent, skill, craftsmanship, and enthusiasm, and getting to spend some facetime with good people.  

Hopefully somebody will post photos. I was too busy looking, talking and buying stuff.   

To the organizers and the exhibitors and the vendors, a big THANK YOU.   :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Wes:

Thanks for posting the video. It did me good and was great to see all of the members that I have not seen since 2007.  I promise to be at next year's show, God willing. I have already cleared it with my wife. I look forward to seeing more photos from this year's show.

God bless you all and see you in 2023.

Edited by John B.
  • Thanks 1