Model Cars Magazine Forum

The No Camino

mgbdriver

This build is a replication of the 1/1 that is owned by a good friend and will be gifted to him. I started out with  a Jimmy Flintstone 66 Nova Sedan Delivery. I removed the greenhouse/ and replaced with a narrowed roof section from The AMT 65 El Camino and made up the bed from Evergreen stock. Seat narrowed from the AMT 70 Impala with new upholstery pattern fashioned with Tamiya puttty and thin wire. Door panels made up of Evergreen stock and dash modified to replace OEM instrument cluster with aftermarket round dials. Small block and chassis from the AMT 67 Nova with the GM auto from the Beatnik Bandit II kit. Air cleaner scratch built from scribed Evergreen sheet with home made decal to replicate filter mesh. New inner fenders fabricated with chassis reinforcement tubes on each side. All major wiring and plumbing added. Front IRS donated also by the Beatnik Bandit II. My buddy Gerry sourced the 3d printed wheels and tires from Iceman for me. They're not exact to the 1/1 but pretty close. Color is Porsche Gaurds Red from Splash with 2k clear from Splash.

36B3F17F-635F-4486-85EF-21B55BDD1211.jpeg

E4D3CEC1-6669-4027-B37E-E6854026AA49.jpeg

C0A56A33-3B52-4F79-9F91-1E1CA89E7717.jpeg

54A290E7-D0EF-42D1-A2B6-16315914B1DE.jpeg

E4820C70-0BBA-4ABA-9C32-F8ECC2E0BD9E_1_201_a.jpeg

E2417BDC-E5F2-43CE-9A50-77170B74FB45.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zippi said:

Looks really sharp and I like the wheels & tires.  Man that's a lot of mods but they came out Great looking.  Nice job.  

Thanks, there's a couple of things I would redo but the new owner is thrilled with it. The wheels and tires are 3d printed from Iceman Collections provided to me by a friend that had them in his stash. These though not an exact copy come pretty close to the ones on the 1/1. I wish the owner would have just gone with some nice Rallys, would have been easier, LOL.