Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hard_2_Handle_454

Got this with some birthday money last month.  I saw it on the Revell site and thought it was beautiful.   The kit isn't bad.  The color instructions were nice.  The kit is molded in orange and black, which wasn't cool.  The engine is easy to build and looks nice.  The underside is flat except for the area where the front and rear wheels go.  There's two flat pieces with arms for the tire pegs.  There's also another flat piece that glues onto the front flat piece   With that piece glued on the front piece will not be flush with the underside.  I had to do some work to make it look right.  The interior assembles nicely.  Just a lot of painting.  The rear window and side windows are kinda tricky to get in.  The side windows slide in over the outside of the openings.  I opted not to go for the door windows as they didn't fit right and I also like to pick up my models that way.  Final assembly sucked.  The chassis is supposed to be taped down front and glued; then back and glued.  Yeah, I glued the front and then found a 20lb rock to hold down the back.  Not cool.  The engine cover in the rear is also not a great fit.  It's a clear piece with a decal over it.  It just sits over the engine and not very well.   I had to glue it in place.  It also requires some painting around it to make it look right.  Everything else fits pretty nice.  The doors are a little tricky.  I was also sad you either glue them open or shut.  Would have been cool to have functioning scissor doors.  Still, with all the trouble it looks great!

52425949602_3221b290c0_k.jpgSAM_1295 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52426452831_49702e88bc_k.jpgSAM_1296 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52425949547_b07251c826_k.jpgSAM_1297 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52426973073_7d04f99fd4_k.jpgSAM_1298 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr