Model Cars Magazine Forum

"For Pete's Sake", it's Davy Jones!

As stated before it was based on a pre-war Maserati chassis which at the time probably wasn't worth much. The various sources of information I have never states the exact model or year. With all the various show rod kits released in the 60's I'm surprised this wasn't one of them. I always thought it was one of the better looking customs. There was a blow molded (to compensate for the undercuts) slot car body made by MPC but is rare and generally not always in the best condition of you can find one. Plus it's not terribly accurate to fit a slot chassis. 

Edited by Phirewriter

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Problem I'm having with the Maser 250F reference is that the front suspension and brake details of the Mantaray and every 250F photo I've looked at so far are entirely different.

I'm sure I've seen the front end that's under the Mantaray, and at some point, as time permits, I'll find it.

I think they’re 4CLT brakes. The drilled scoop covers are fabbed I think. Lmk thoughts. 

• Like 1