Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevelle SS Fathom Green

Metalmad

Hello All,

I started this build on the 69 SS a few months back then started on a Meng 1/24 1966 Ford GT but I ran into some paint and decal issues on the Ford so I put it aside for now so I could think about how I will attack to correct the issues so then I decided to start back on the 69 Chevelle. So here are some pics of the process of the build and where I'm at on the build. First off the body has been painted and decals added then a couple coats of clear but she will still need Thento be rubbed out. Then I started  on the assembly of the engine which has been painted as well as the intake manifold , water pump , carburetor, heads and certain parts detailed with paint and holes drilled for spark plugs , distributor and couple for the coolant hoses.

IMG_2676.jpeg

IMG_2678.jpeg

IMG_2675.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 15

I sprayed the carb first with primer than Tamiya gold then I used a black wash to give it some depth. I also pre drilled for the fuel lines & vacuum lines before painting the carb as well. Plus I also scratch built the lower half of the air cleaner housing that sits on top of the carb. 

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Started working on where the coolant hoses will be installed to the intake manifold and to the water pump which I was able to get just one hose installed  this evening that runs from the front of the intake manifold down to the top of the water pump and I must say it was a challenge to just get the one hose installed.IMG_2687.thumb.jpeg.faddb12b95095cc1c2796e6a1b6b973e.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 8

Thank you Greg ! I will be attempting to plumb the engine correctly by adding coolant hoses and wiring in their proper locations as well as adding a oil dip stick, throttle cable and vacuum hoses which the progress on adding these details will be slow.

Edited by Metalmad

Well I have finished getting the locations drilled and pinned for the two other coolant hoses that will be installed to the intake manifold and the water pump so then I was looking through my stash of photo etched parts and and came across some 6X9 speaker grills so I decided to use them for the build.They will be installed to the rear deck so I have cut out some speaker grill plates out of styrene to install the grills to but I still need to cut out the inner portion on the plates to have a more realism look of the install which will be a challengeIMG_2692.thumb.jpeg.f3e7ea900bf39b7c4056feb117f5dd4a.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 3

Hello All ,

I got a little bench time today which I was able to finish scratch building the speaker grill mounts and will be getting the first coat of primer on them later which they are not perfect but they will have to do .

Sorry for the one picture being a little blurry.IMG_2695.thumb.jpeg.117a54ada880a2feef6cca740773b7c0.jpegIMG_2694.thumb.jpeg.5a4b138c0bd7e5de57814e4984aba368.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Small update on the Chevelle which I have finished getting the speaker grill mounts painted and the grills installed to the mounts and I have also started on scratch building the coolant hoses that run from the heater core to the water pump and to the intake manifold. IMG_2792.thumb.jpeg.40d09a8db5d9a3d90c254a2fb1e2deb4.jpegIMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.80d6eba3c6b889ee86560543644383cc.jpeg

• Like 7