Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevelle SS Fathom Green

Metalmad

Small update which I have finished scratch building the two heater hoses that run from the heater core to the intake manifold and to the water pump and I also have lowered the front suspension a little to give it a better stance in the front. I will more than likely be lowering the rear suspension but how low I'm not sure yet and have also started the clean up of the exhaust system with getting it nice and smooth and I have shot the exhaust with primer.

IMG_2793.thumb.jpeg.7e87686cd60d7694aea32239d7a30312.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 8

Thank you Andrew & Mike !

Andrew to make the heater core hoses I used bead wire and heat shrink tubing then I shaped the bead wire to the  configuration I wanted then I ran the heat shrink tubing over the bead wire then heat shrank the heat shrink over the bead wire.

7 hours ago, Metalmad said:

Andrew to make the heater core hoses I used bead wire and heat shrink tubing then I shaped the bead wire to the  configuration I wanted then I ran the heat shrink tubing over the bead wire then heat shrank the heat shrink over the bead wire.

A very effective technique, I'll have to give it a try.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Metalmad said:

Looks good... very realistic to my eyes...

but dang that's a mouthful

• 3 months later...

Finally found time to clean up the work bench & do some rearranging which now I’m a little more motivated to get back on the Chevelle build. So here is a small update on her. Finally shot the last coat of clear on her today and I also finished up the wheels which I will be using Fireball Modelworks BF Goodrich drag radials on the rear and to get the rear tires to look correct on the rims so I had to deepen the wheels on the front side and the rear side of the wheels.On the interior I used embossing powder on the floor and I also mocked up the exhaust to see where I will lay down the brake lines. So that’s all for now on this update and hopefully I will have another update sooner than later.

84E86B75-7722-4DF6-8D76-92CF28D96FD6.jpeg

6DE86BB7-75F5-4AD0-B4C0-97DDC18B5CAF.jpeg

5362A143-834E-4A16-A50F-8BB7EED59B0A.jpeg

52B3E5AF-1DE7-4308-87EF-6A39B6CC892A.jpeg

FA4E4CA3-DE92-457E-8478-E0AE1060D22A.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally was able to get some bench time in this weekend so I have a small update for you all. I was able to get the bare metal foil done on the trim on both the front seats, the molding around the wheels , front and rear glass trim and the trim on the roof and on the hood inserts.Will try to get better pictures later this week.IMG_3657.thumb.jpeg.c4486cfa8dececbcf1e8194b43fabfd0.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 3