Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 VW Beetle with some minor "tweeks"... (Now under glass 12/10/2022)

SpikeSchumacher

4 hours ago, TooOld said:

This is gonna be cool looking !  That engine details nicely , did you do any sanding on the printed part before painting ?

Hi Bob, Thanks! No I did not. Although it could have benefited from some primer at least on the exhaust muffler and the fan shroud. But since most of it will be hidden by the wires, and the body when assembled, I figured it was "good enough". 😉

Edited by SpikeSchumacher

2 hours ago, Slotto said:

Love this look. I'm gonna have to steal your wheel choice for my Beetle makeover.

Thanks Steve! I got these a few years ago, pre-COVID, I just checked the Scale Productions website recently and they are no longer listed...😢

Maybe there are some resin, or 3d printed versions out there?

Edited by SpikeSchumacher
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Hi Bob, Thanks! No I did not. Although it could have benefited from some primer at least on the exhaust muffler and the fan shroud. Bit since most of it will be hidden by the wires, and the body when assembled, I figured it was "good enough". 😉

Thanks , it looks just fine the way you've done it .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SpikeSchumacher changed the title to 1966 VW Beetle with some minor "tweeks"... (Now under glass 12/10/2022)