Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius '72 Ford F-250 w/Plow

niteowl7710

I do not remember other versions of this kit including heater hoses in the engine bay. I made my own, that is why I remember. Realizing now it looks like they were added in the 68 2wd kit also, which I passed on. I know the inner tailgate was updated for that one as well, pretty neat.

I have all the Moebius Ford pickups, but the 1967 F-350 Ramp Truck...Heard it has quality issues, such as warped parts. I think they are great kits, plenty of chance to detail. Wonder if they will ever come out with some Chevy/GMC pickups. I'm a fan of the 67-72, not a fan of any kits I have seen of that era.

Edited by JohnB
added information

13 hours ago, JohnB said:

I have all the Moebius Ford pickups, but the 1967 F-350 Ramp Truck...Heard it has quality issues, such as warped parts. I think they are great kits, plenty of chance to detail. Wonder if they will ever come out with some Chevy/GMC pickups. I'm a fan of the 67-72, not a fan of any kits I have seen of that era.

Like you John, I would vote for the '67 to 72 Chevy/GMC pickups to be Moebius' next truck kit project.  Specifically, starting with the '67/'68 with its unique hood design which is really popular in the 1/1 scale hot rod and restoration marketplace, and is essentially unavailable to us modelers due to the costs of AMT 1967 and MPC 1968 annual kits these days.   I don't speak for Moebius here, but unlike many kit requests that are voiced on this board, I think this specific subject actually has a decent chance of eventually materializing in kit form, whether from Moebius, Revell, Round 2, or someone else. 

TB 

TB,

it's really a shame, because you can find so many good kits for other years in the Chevy/GMC rein, but the only ones I have encountered in the 67-72 are absolutely horrendous. The MPC 1972 Chevy Racer's Wedge Pick Up is the worst one that immediately comes to mind.

I hope if moebius considers doing chevy/gmc they do an 85/87. Yes, you can get the grill aftermarket.  But you still have the 70's interior, single tank and lack of tailgate handle with the 84 gmc. Not to mention the turn signals in the bumper.

Opened up the kit and looked a little closer, here are some first impressions:

1. Warped parts?- none so far in my kit, checked the hood and frame and they look okay, better than other versions.

2. Tires- Look identical to the ones Fireball Modelworks has in their F-250 conversion kit. Nice wheels and tires, will look correct on the truck.

3. Snow Plow- compared to the one in the Revell GMC pickup, this one is taller and wider than that one. It looks more "heavy duty"  and has two different light options; round like on the box art and rectangular like on the Revell kit.

4. Paint schemes/codes- Moebius did a great job listing out the various colors available from Ford and the different schemes.

5. Extra parts- They provided a list of part numbers that are extras in the kit, nice touch.

I will get the chassis built this week, want to see how it looks and have some ideas for kit bashing already. These should be pretty popular, I think Wes Hurst at Wes's Model Car Corner sold out his first shipment but has more coming.

• Like 2