Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius '72 Ford F-250 w/Plow

niteowl7710

2 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Pics, Pics, Pics, Please!

Which pictures do you wish to see? The frame is pretty much the same as the other longbed versions. Same goes for the cab and bed, engine.

I have a kit opened and can snap pictures of specific things but to take pictures of parts already shown seems redundant.

13 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Which pictures do you wish to see? The frame is pretty much the same as the other longbed versions. Same goes for the cab and bed, engine.

I have a kit opened and can snap pictures of specific things but to take pictures of parts already shown seems redundant.

Hi Mike,> I guess mostly the suspension, plow and other goodies. You could probably snap a few pics of the trees and decals and stuff. Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. I plan to try and replicate the one like my cousin bought new and eventually sold it to my dad to use as a company truck (We had an excavating business). Another one of my cousins who was an operator, used it as a daily driver for a few years. It had one of those white, fiberglass caps on it. Eventually, they put a Myers snowplow on it for snow duty. I can even remember driving it for a good while. People would always offer me money for it. I still remember that tall 4-speed sticking up from the floor. Black rubber floor mats and stark interior. The thing had gobs of torque. It was geared like a bulldozer. I wonder wht ever became of it. It looked a lot like this one but was a little lighter green.

842611e1de685c529ed57b6d01496be5.jpg

R (30).jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

I'm just remembering now, an interesting story my dad told me about our green F-250. Years ago, we had a contract with the city of Philadelphia for snow removal. The truck and an old Cat road grader were among the equipment we had down there. The grader kept breaking down so eventually, they got a chain or cable or something and towed it around the city to keep it on the clock for the rest of the shift. That gives you an idea of the you the torque this truck had.

55 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I really hope those are the Kit Tires!

Those are the kit tires!

If you are looking for a similar tread but just a bit taller/wider, the Michelin T55D from Scenes Unlimited is about an eighth of an inch taller and a sixteenth wider.

Michelin on the left, kit tire on the right

IMG_6795.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas to one and all!  I'm new here and here's a little about me. Been building cars since 1966, first model was a Pyro 57 Chevy hardtop!

took me 3 days to build! I have, over the years, expanded my model building, figures, WW2 military, planes, semi trucks n trailers.

I have been collecting the Moebius Ford truck series and I just got the 72 with plow, great kit! However I may have stumbled across

a flaw. The passenger side windshield wiper seems to be to far to the center by 1/4 inch. I found a dead on front shot of a 72 ford p/u

on line and the model looks to be off. I can't remember where I seen the photo but I'll look for it and post it. Is it just me or are there others

who have seen this? Just so you know, Moebius is one of my favorites for model companies.

3 hours ago, diecastguy57 said:

Merry Christmas to one and all!  I'm new here and here's a little about me. Been building cars since 1966, first model was a Pyro 57 Chevy hardtop!

took me 3 days to build! I have, over the years, expanded my model building, figures, WW2 military, planes, semi trucks n trailers.

I have been collecting the Moebius Ford truck series and I just got the 72 with plow, great kit! However I may have stumbled across

a flaw. The passenger side windshield wiper seems to be to far to the center by 1/4 inch. I found a dead on front shot of a 72 ford p/u

on line and the model looks to be off. I can't remember where I seen the photo but I'll look for it and post it. Is it just me or are there others

who have seen this? Just so you know, Moebius is one of my favorites for model companies.

The position of the wipers is the least of these kit's problems.  

4 hours ago, diecastguy57 said:

However I may have stumbled across a flaw. The passenger side windshield wiper seems to be to far to the center by 1/4 inch. 

Honestly, never noticed that, but, they do seem to be excessively large, and really should be painted a flat silver instead of chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

Since it appears that so far, there hasn't been a comprehensive photo presentation on the contents of this new kit here on the MCM Forum, I present the following for your interest: 

This is the very latest in the ever-growing family of "Bumpside" era (1967-72) Ford Pickup kits from Moebius. A considerable degree of the kit contents are new, and the snow plow assembly itself is very well detailed and offers a variety of assembly configurations and positions.

For this review I am going to focus primarily on what is new and different vs. the previous Moebius Bumpside kits.  Forty one photos with captions are posted at the link below.  Make sure to read the captions that go with each photo, as much of the info is not necessarily evident from looking at just the pictures alone.

By the way, I am not an expert on Bumpside era 1/1 pickups, so I am not going to comment on the accuracy of the componentry in this kit. Likewise, I have not built any of the Moebius Bumpside pickup kits, so I can't knowledgeably comment on fit and finish. (I have, however, built two other recent Moebius car kits, and I found them to be really well engineered, often with innovative parts breakdown and a real effort to include series or topic-correct content, and generally a joy to build).

Thanks for your interest. Now...on with the show! TIM

PS - check out the February 2023 issue of "Vintage Truck" magazine for a very informative, five-page full color feature on a similar 1971 Ford F250 4x4 pickup. Lots of relevant info and pictures to assist your detailing efforts. TB

DSC 0640

DSC 0634

Edited by tim boyd
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...