Model Cars Magazine Forum

Awesome to see Martin’s build on the cover. A VERY talented local builder and an extremely nice guy. I have had the pleasure of seeing that build “in the flesh” and it’s amazing. Keep up the great work, and thanks to all that contribute to keeping the magazine going. Now if we could just figure out the postal delivery, which I know is nothing to do with you fine folks. I won’t see my issue for about 8 weeks…. 

And mine arrived today in Cornland today too - a GREAT issue.  REALLY.

A @tim boyd article is usually worth the price of admission for me, but that beautiful amazing Model A - AND an article by @Dennis Lacy and all kinds of hot-roddy goodness…you guys are knocking it out of the park in a way that the other mag hadn’t for YEARS.    

Great job!!!

• Like 1

Got mine on Friday and read it cover to cover (Now I'm waiting for #217 😄 ).  I loved the article in the The Vintage Workbench on the Ala Kart.

I remember doing the review for the mis-managed The Car Room Magazine when Danbury Mint did the Ala Kart in 1/24th scale diecast.  For every review I ever wrote, for any magazine, I always did the research on each vehicle especially those like the Ala Kart that held historical significance.

Even though I did the necessary research, the article for The Vintage Workbench brought out a couple of things about Ala Kart that I never knew.

Great Issue!

A suggestion for a future issue is an overview of Texas 3D Customs parts!  They are excellent!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got # 216 yesterday, WoW what an issue ! As others have said my first impression was "What's a real car doing on the cover ?"  Great model and an outstanding issue, so many good things.  Great work by all involved, can't hurt that Tim Boyd is participating.  Guess you guys are back in a big way.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:01 PM, BDSchindler said:

Got mine on Friday and read it cover to cover (Now I'm waiting for #217 😄 ).  I loved the article in the The Vintage Workbench on the Ala Kart.

I remember doing the review for the mis-managed The Car Room Magazine when Danbury Mint did the Ala Kart in 1/24th scale diecast.  For every review I ever wrote, for any magazine, I always did the research on each vehicle especially those like the Ala Kart that held historical significance.

Even though I did the necessary research, the article for The Vintage Workbench brought out a couple of things about Ala Kart that I never knew.

Great Issue!

A suggestion for a future issue is an overview of Texas 3D Customs parts!  They are excellent!

Hey Brian, thank you for the positive feedback!