Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 11/5/2022 at 10:01 PM, BDSchindler said:

Got mine on Friday and read it cover to cover (Now I'm waiting for #217 😄 ).  I loved the article in the The Vintage Workbench on the Ala Kart.

I remember doing the review for the mis-managed The Car Room Magazine when Danbury Mint did the Ala Kart in 1/24th scale diecast.  For every review I ever wrote, for any magazine, I always did the research on each vehicle especially those like the Ala Kart that held historical significance.

Even though I did the necessary research, the article for The Vintage Workbench brought out a couple of things about Ala Kart that I never knew.

Great Issue!

A suggestion for a future issue is an overview of Texas 3D Customs parts!  They are excellent!

I was in 215 not a full review of everything I make but it was a good review/article

What an AWESOME issue!!!!! Martin Aveyard's '30 Ford blew me away!!! It looks so dang real !! Awesome build!!! And Dennis Lacy's Deuce...another awesome build!!! Love it!!!

Edited by Six
Spelling error

What's really impressive about that build, is that it isn't THAT far away from being box stock either.  Some beautiful 3d printed parts and some masterful building - but really inspiring to see what someone can do with a relatively simple kit to make it SO lifelike!

Martin does GREAT work - and is a really nice guy...I thoroughly recommend checking out more of his work here:

https://www.instagram.com/stokemodels/?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 9:20 AM, Michael Cook said:

You guys are killing it with the magazine, another great issue!
In particular a special shout-out to Larry Greenberg for his fantastic kit reviews.  They are easily the best that I have read in my 55+ years in the hobby.  Keep up the great work Larry!

Thanks for the kind words Michael.  Will continue to do my very best.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, michaelbaskett said:

Issue #216 Finally got here on Dec 8th.....

I'd like to know why it gets to some of you guys within a few days and it takes 5 weeks longer to get here....

My sub runs out with #217.....

I'm on the fence about a renewal right now.....

I can get it in the local hobby shop faster it seems.....

There is some sort of issue between USPS and Canada Post, and the printing company / distributor used.

I'm staff, and my issues only arrived this week.

Would be nice to see it resolved.