Model Cars Magazine Forum

The mailing issues is not only from the US to Canada, it looks to be all over and I don't know where the problem is, I never got issues 212, 213, 215...so it's 3 magazines I have paid for but not recieved...and it will be very interesting to see if 216 will come...but I will not hold my breath as it seems very unlikely.
The only issues I got this year is issue #211 and #214 and the mailing service was a lot better during the Covid pandemic shut down than it is now.
Digital coyps doesn't do it for me, I want to hold the magazine in my hand and read it, and if digital is the only option I will not renew my subscription when it expires about a year from now...that's it...because I hate reading magazines on the computer or other devices.
How hard can it be, you as a magazine publisher do a deal with a mailing service and expect them to deliver but they don't do it, hold them accountabe for it and demand that they solve the problems and deliver the service you pay for and fulfill the contract...otherwise you have to look elsewhere don't you.
It's the same for us subscribers, a subscription to a magazine is a contract and I'm expecting to get all the copys of a magazine I have paid for regardless, if the copys are lost in the mail or damaged I expect to get replacements from the publisher...wich I have asked for several times and still not recieved.
I'm starting to loose patience in this matter as nothing has been done what so ever to deliver the copys I have paid for...the only thing done is that you opened the digital issues for me...but I still want and expect to get my hard copy magazines for my collection as I have paid for them.
I have no reason to lie and I have no use for duplicates, I just want to get the things I have paid for.

Edited by Force

I am delighted to say that Issue 216 arrived at my home in Western Australia on Tuesday December 13th, roughly six weeks from when it was posted in the USA.  That is a massive improvement on the three plus months that Issue 215 took to arrive. and I am going to go out on a limb and say it is just possibly the best issue ever in the roughly twenty years I have been buying it. Dennis, Dave, Tim, Matt, indeed, everyone who contributed to this issue is to be congratulated.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, Force said:

The mailing issues is not only from the US to Canada, it looks to be all over and I don't know where the problem is, I never got issues 212, 213, 215...so it's 3 magazines I have paid for but not recieved...and it will be very interesting to see if 216 will come...but I will not hold my breath as it seems very unlikely.
The only issues I got this year is issue #211 and #214 and the mailing service was a lot better during the Covid pandemic shut down than it is now.
Digital coyps doesn't do it for me, I want to hold the magazine in my hand and read it, and if digital is the only option I will not renew my subscription when it expires about a year from now...that's it...because I hate reading magazines on the computer or other devices.
How hard can it be, you as a magazine publisher do a deal with a mailing service and expect them to deliver but they don't do it, hold them accountabe for it and demand that they solve the problems and deliver the service you pay for and fulfill the contract...otherwise you have to look elsewhere don't you.
It's the same for us subscribers, a subscription to a magazine is a contract and I'm expecting to get all the copys of a magazine I have paid for regardless, if the copys are lost in the mail or damaged I expect to get replacements from the publisher...wich I have asked for several times and still not recieved.
I'm starting to loose patience in this matter as nothing has been done what so ever to deliver the copys I have paid for...the only thing done is that you opened the digital issues for me...but I still want and expect to get my hard copy magazines for my collection as I have paid for them.
I have no reason to lie and I have no use for duplicates, I just want to get the things I have paid for.

Hakan, I completely understand where you are coming from.  I am trying to come to grips with the appalling way I and every international subscriber to the most prestigious hot rod magazine (initials RJ) in the world has been treated, or should I say ignored by the publishers over the last three years. It is not a nice feeling. 

To Gregg's credit, when I reached out to him earlier in the year, he made good on the problems I had experienced with MCM and I am very happy with the outcome.

The mail services world wide are a joke at the moment and I don't know how much longer they can keep using the COVID excuse.  I write a model column for Australian Street Rodding magazine and a few years ago, the postal authorities "lost" their entire subscriber shipment, and couldn't give a rats! It took a lot of complaining from both the publisher and his subscribers before Australia Post miraculously "found" the "lost" shipment. The guys at MCS probably just get to "talk to the hand" when they complain to whoever delivers their mail. 

I do hope that you end up receiving a positive response to your problems and I have faith that Gregg will do the right thing.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton

On 12/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, alan barton said:

I am delighted to say that Issue 216 arrived at my home in Western Australia on Tuesday December 13th, roughly six weeks from when it was posted in the USA.  That is a massive improvement on the three plus months that Issue 215 took to arrive. and I am going to go out on a limb and say it is just possibly the best issue ever in the roughly twenty years I have been buying it. Dennis, Dave, Tim, Matt, indeed, everyone who contributed to this issue is to be congratulated.

Hakan, I completely understand where you are coming from.  I am trying to come to grips with the appalling way I and every international subscriber to the most prestigious hot rod magazine (initials RJ) in the world has been treated, or should I say ignored by the publishers over the last three years. It is not a nice feeling. 

To Gregg's credit, when I reached out to him earlier in the year, he made good on the problems I had experienced with MCM and I am very happy with the outcome.

The mail services world wide are a joke at the moment and I don't know how much longer they can keep using the COVID excuse.  I write a model column for Australian Street Rodding magazine and a few years ago, the postal authorities "lost" their entire subscriber shipment, and couldn't give a rats! It took a lot of complaining from both the publisher and his subscribers before Australia Post miraculously "found" the "lost" shipment. The guys at MCS probably just get to "talk to the hand" when they complain to whoever delivers their mail. 

I do hope that you end up receiving a positive response to your problems and I have faith that Gregg will do the right thing.

Cheers

Alan

Well I have contacted the subscription department several times and even here and nothing happened the first few times, finally I got an answer after I was a bit harsh in my complain but all they did was open up the digital versions of the magazine for me...that's not what I wan't, I want the hard copys wich I have paid for for my collection, I thought I would get them eventually but nothing has happened so far because I haven't seen any magazines yet.
So as far as I'm concerned I feel kind of ignored.