Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 November 2022 Product Spotlight

Dave Darby

1 hour ago, Stef said:

Is there something weird going on with the Lennie Pond decals? Looks like several of them, on the right-hand side, have some sort of thin red keylines around them.

zz.png

Not sure why there's lines around those either. The box art is incorrect and always was. I plan to build this, I'm hoping these decals are better than all the disappointing aftermarket ones I've gathered all these years.

2v2e9cipzxAVNRq.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, THarrison351 said:

Not sure why there's lines around those either. The box art is incorrect and always was. I plan to build this, I'm hoping these decals are better than all the disappointing aftermarket ones I've gathered all these years.

2v2e9cipzxAVNRq.jpg

On further inspection, it looks like ALL the decals on that sheet seem to have a similar phenom.

It seems to me like an accidental printing of the artwork dielines for the "clear" carrier layer. Typically, those dielines would indicate where the clear stuff will go, but is not actually supposed to print onto the decal sheet.

13 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The Star Trek shuttlecraft w/ figures looks fun.   The '29 woody/pickup Coca-Cola variant is curious..the regular release I have has a 4dr woodie body, but this looks like a 2dr woody body w/ solid panels in place of the windows.. 

I agree on the shuttle.

I think the 1929 is the old The Wild Ones Model A from MPC.  but it does have a 4 door woody body also.  I was thinking it was a 2 door but I just checked  and the box art shows a 4 door. 

2 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I agree on the shuttle.

I think the 1929 is the old The Wild Ones Model A from MPC.  but it does have a 4 door woody body also.  I was thinking it was a 2 door but I just checked  and the box art shows a 4 door. 

I have the most recent reissue of the pickup/woody and it definitely has is a 4dr body.  Wondering what's up w/ the Coke version...fanciful art work, or new parts? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I have the most recent reissue of the pickup/woody and it definitely has is a 4dr body.  Wondering what's up w/ the Coke version...fanciful art work, or new parts? 

The '29 Woody Coke version comes with new die cut filler panels and instructions on how to convert it to the Delivery version. 

-Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stef said:

On further inspection, it looks like ALL the decals on that sheet seem to have a similar phenom.

It seems to me like an accidental printing of the artwork dielines for the "clear" carrier layer. Typically, those dielines would indicate where the clear stuff will go, but is not actually supposed to print onto the decal sheet.

Correct, for some reason they used the artwork the goes to the printer that shows clear carrier layer outlined in pink.  The actual decals included won't have those outlines.  Not sure how that happened. Just shows were still human. 

-Steve 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, espo said:

The Lenny Pond Chevelle looks interesting. Might even try and make a streetcar out of it.

I got the Model King reissue of this kit and it included both the grille for the Chevelle and the nose for the Laguna. While I see the Laguna grille insert, I don't see the nose for it on the parts layout. 

20221103_094645.png.2622caf0f3a21110865e6d3af7286a28.png

Steve?

Edited by Oldcarfan27
Added pic

17 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I got the Model King reissue of this kit and it included both the grille for the Chevelle and the nose for the Laguna. While I see the Laguna grille insert, I don't see the nose for it on the parts layout. 

Steve?

Having a Laguna front end would be a real bonus in my mind. 

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

20221103_094645.png.2622caf0f3a21110865e6d3af7286a28.png

Steve?

I just double checked, and the extra Laguna nose is not in this version, but it is still in the tooling available for a future version.  The spot above the radiator support is where it goes. 

-Steve

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SteveG said:

I just double checked, and the extra Laguna nose is not in this version, but it is still in the tooling available for a future version.  The spot above the radiator support is where it goes. 

-Steve

How about a stock '74 Laguna S-3, Steve?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveG said:

Correct, for some reason they used the artwork the goes to the printer that shows clear carrier layer outlined in pink.  The actual decals included won't have those outlines.  Not sure how that happened. Just shows were still human. 

-Steve 

Good to know, @SteveG, thanks.