Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Original 1965 Coronet 500 AMT.

drodg

I am about finished with this 65 Coronet 500.  This is not the snap kit but after multiple purchases on Ebay I was able to get a pretty complete original 65 kit.  I am replicating my 1:1 car,  except for the Hemi engine and the wheels.  First time I have not clear coated in a bit but got a pretty decent finish.  I will mostly likely do a bit more work on the paint before I put it away.  Thanks everyone for looking 

AMT1.jpg

AMT2.jpg

AMT3.jpg

Amt4.jpg

Coronet .jpg

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks good.   I got one of the pre-painted ones and was not impressed.  Gotta re do it one day.  The 1:1 car is pretty sweet too.

Thanks and I think the original body looks better than the snap kit body.  I have built a couple of the snap kit cars and I think the body shape of the original kit looks more correct.  

Fabulous job David, love the look of the whitewalls & mags with the red paint, very mid-60’s vibe. Also very envious of your 1:1, what a sweet looking ride!

Your build made me think about the upcoming Moebius ‘65 Dodge releases, can’t wait to buy and build a few of those!

1 hour ago, papajohn97 said:

Fabulous job David, love the look of the whitewalls & mags with the red paint, very mid-60’s vibe. Also very envious of your 1:1, what a sweet looking ride!

Your build made me think about the upcoming Moebius ‘65 Dodge releases, can’t wait to buy and build a few of those!

I am so looking forward to those Moebius kits.  Thanks again everyone.   

AMT/MPC did a great job on this kit. I had several when they came out but built them as AWB drag cars. Looking forward to the upcoming Moebius Coronets and seeing their body as compared to this fifty plus year old pre-computer designed body. Your model is coming out great, a nice tribute to your real car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, echo said:

AMT/MPC did a great job on this kit. I had several when they came out but built them as AWB drag cars. Looking forward to the upcoming Moebius Coronets and seeing their body as compared to this fifty plus year old pre-computer designed body. Your model is coming out great, a nice tribute to your real car.

Thank you!