Model Cars Magazine Forum

L*I*A*R*S Fall show cancelled

Yup,so I got it from the club’s president that for the third year in a row the LIARS(Long Island Auto Replica Society)model show/swap meet,contest,got axed..I think the venue,a rec center,wanted the show that is held the second weekend in November,in their gymnasium cause of Covid.The president claimed he was unable to get enough volunteers,who really knows.🤷‍♂️Just sucks.😡

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, it was bad for a while. I came very close to leaving the club. The club changed the meeting venue for 2022 and it didn't work out. We found ourselves locked out a couple of times for the monthly meetings. 

2023, we are back in the Blue Point location, the 1st meeting went very well. Details for the fall show are being hashed out and we are on for sure. Some key members have yet to return, we have a few new members that joined last year. 

I have been part of the crew that set up for the show in the past and it doesn't take too many to get it done. The core that did that, I'm one of the few remaining. We dig up others to help, my girl friend helped at a couple of them. So I hope y'all can make it this year.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Yup,so I got it from the club’s president that for the third year in a row the LIARS(Long Island Auto Replica Society)model show/swap meet,contest,got axed..I think the venue,a rec center,wanted the show that is held the second weekend in November,in their gymnasium cause of Covid.The president claimed he was unable to get enough volunteers,who really knows.🤷‍♂️Just sucks.😡

I used to live on L.I. I left it in '92 when I could no longer find a job there. I don't think LIARS was around then plus I was more into racing 1/8 scale R/C cars then. I don't miss living there any more. Although I really didn't want to leave it but I didn't wan to stay unemployed.

• 4 months later...

The show is on for November 2023, in Freeport NY, same date, 2nd Saturday in November. Check the LIARS site for updates. Vendors are being contacted, trophies are on order. There have been some personnel changes in the club as of late, all for the better.

The 2022 show was canceled at the last minute due to concerns that there were not enough people to put on the show. This was done outside of a club meeting and a vote was not taken.

https://www.liarsmodelcarbuilders.com/

1 hour ago, bobss396 said:

The show is on for November 2023, in Freeport NY, same date, 2nd Saturday in November. Check the LIARS site for updates. Vendors are being contacted, trophies are on order. There have been some personnel changes in the club as of late, all for the better.

The 2022 show was canceled at the last minute due to concerns that there were not enough people to put on the show. This was done outside of a club meeting and a vote was not taken.

https://www.liarsmodelcarbuilders.com/

Good luck with the 2023 show and hope all goes well.

Edited by vamach1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, vamach1 said:

Good luck with the 2023 show and hope all goes well.

Thanks, things are looking up. We very recently had a change of president, someone that has been around the club as long as I have. One very long time member recently left and we have someone new doing the monthly newsletter. I have been talking to some former members and they may be coming back.