Model Cars Magazine Forum

Build ideas

I don’t know if anybody else gets ideas like this".  I pick my son up at high school at 2:30 pm. I get there at 2:00pm and listen to a radio program and watch traffic.  I get som really neat ideas  from watching work trucks and pickups on the highway. Just thought I would share..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnU said:

A8654403-F11C-4D18-B673-EB00DA210A48.jpeg

That picture has a whole lot of story going on right there.

Is the truck going the wrong way on a steep grade? Or did they have to pull a rescue on someone who went too fast down that hill? 🤔

The angled street sign adds to the distorted view.

Great truck, though.

• Like 1

I watch Mecum Auto Auction for inspiration. Especially paint colors. Paint chips are Ok, but you can't beat seeing the real thing.

I am building a 1969 442 which is painted Hugger Orange with the kit's white decals and the soon to arrive Keith Marks white set. I would have never even thought of a Hugger Orange 442 until I saw one on Mecum. It is spectacular !!!!

Mike

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike 1017 said:

I watch Mecum Auto Auction for inspiration. Especially paint colors. Paint chips are Ok, but you can't beat seeing the real thing.

I am building a 1969 442 which is painted Hugger Orange with the kit's white decals and the soon to arrive Keith Marks white set. I would have never even thought of a Hugger Orange 442 until I saw one on Mecum. It is spectacular !!!!

Mike

I always get some ideas of Barrett-Jackson’s action from the earl sal and from their website of the results at the end of each day of. The car not seen..

On 11/10/2022 at 2:03 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

That picture has a whole lot of story going on right there.

Is the truck going the wrong way on a steep grade? Or did they have to pull a rescue on someone who went too fast down that hill? 🤔

The angled street sign adds to the distorted view.

Great truck, though.

🤣This picture was taken spur of the moment from my drivers side window when it passed. I’m sitting at a red light on a divided road with a median strip. The one way sign is for the side I was on. I had to move quick otherwise loose the shot and had no time to square up the camera! But yeah, I guess it is definitely an interesting presentation! Here’s another view 

78D05D59-EAE3-4D67-81C5-C7BE8F1EA0BE.jpeg

Edited by JohnU
  • Like 1