Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Chevy coupe

cheyenne93

This is my next build. My idea so far. Gotta dig through the parts bin, try to find a control arm style front end. Reworkin the kit engine. May put a newer Vette engine in it. Might have to do a mini tub. We will see where it goes. As always feel free to comment and input always welcome

20221108_104029.jpg

20221108_114153.jpg

20221108_103912.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/9/2022 at 7:51 AM, cheyenne93 said:

This is my next build. My idea so far. Gotta dig through the parts bin, try to find a control arm style front end. Reworkin the kit engine. May put a newer Vette engine in it. Might have to do a mini tub. We will see where it goes. As always feel free to comment and input always welcome.

These ‘37 Fords have a front suspension that might work. They have an independent rear also. They are 1/24 scale but the chassis seem to be good donors for 1/25 scale.

57F6FC7E-8292-4E37-8752-5372936E3628.jpeg

B20DF419-3F85-4823-BBD9-8CE2937187D9.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1

IDK, the wheels look a little out of scale to me.

As far as the suspension, how about doing like the 1:1 builders used to do and use a Camaro subframe under it?

There's also the chassis parts from the Phantom Vickie. The wheels might look pretty cool on there too.

Or the chassis from the Lindberg/AMT 37 Ford custom or 38 delivery. 

Yah, those wheels and tires are from the Foose ford p u.  Actually  have a set of Pegusus big and little Ts I'm going to put on it. Still have to open up the wheel openings a bit. Thanks for the input. Think I'm going to do two tone, teal and charcoal gray paint job.

On 11/10/2022 at 7:21 PM, NOBLNG said:

These ‘37 Fords have a front suspension that might work. They have an independent rear also. They are 1/24 scale but the chassis seem to be good donors for 1/25 scale.

I agree. I was able to adapt the '37 Ford suspension to the Revell '48 Ford chassis, with very little difficulty. This '37 Chevy kit is a personal favorite. I've built two. It's a very nice kit and one of my favorite pre-war cars. 

• 2 weeks later...