Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New truck releases


DZ7581
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hope the Paystar will have the "high-flotaison" tilres in the front.

Very happy about the reiissue of the Chevy Bison and  Sodbuster Chevy pickup. :)

As for big rigs; the only ones that haven't been reissued irecently are the ERTL Internationals F-4270, F-2575 and F-2674 conventionals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, PintoKING said:

for big rigs; the only ones that haven't been reissued irecently are the ERTL Internationals F-4270, F-2575 and F-2674 conventionals.

Actually there is three of the S-Series kits The 2575,2674, and 2674 Dump truck, and there's a third Paystar 5000 kit as well!

Ertl 5000.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I had the Sod Buster when it originally came out.

I hope it has the Scotsdale emblems re-engraved on the fenders. I foolishly scraped them off so the decals would cover better.

Is it really going to be molded in Yellow this time around too?

It will be molded in white this time. Since the cab also makes the GMC versions our option for badging is limited.  Re-engraving different badging over and over again in the same spot to change versions can damage the tooling, having different body slides are expensive and if we made a separate chromed badge part it would either end up being fiddly or made oversized.   Although not my favorite solution, adding the C10 Scottsdale badge to the decal sheet made the most sense. 

-Steve 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ranma said:

Actually there is three of the S-Series kits The 2575,2674, and 2674 Dump truck, and there's a third Paystar 5000 kit as well!

Ertl 5000.jpg

As for the Paystar 5000 variations; there were 4, as far as I know;

That one with the 5th wheel

The soon-to-be-reissued one with the gravel dump-box

The one with the cement truck

And the one with the logging trailer (different than the AMT ones)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

It will be molded in white this time. Since the cab also makes the GMC versions our option for badging is limited.  Re-engraving different badging over and over again in the same spot to change versions can damage the tooling, having different body slides are expensive and if we made a separate chromed badge part it would either end up being fiddly or made oversized.   Although not my favorite solution, adding the C10 Scottsdale badge to the decal sheet made the most sense. 

-Steve 

Hi Steve. Can you comment on how extensive the decal sheet will be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SteveG said:

Since the cab also makes the GMC versions our option for badging is limited.  Re-engraving different badging over and over again in the same spot to change versions can damage the tooling, having different body slides are expensive and if we made a separate chromed badge part it would either end up being fiddly or made oversized.   Although not my favorite solution, adding the C10 Scottsdale badge to the decal sheet made the most sense. 

How about some adhesive '3D' emblems such as those included in the Tamiya kits? That would solve the engraving issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interior is unchanged from the Deserter kit as the original Sod Buster kit used the bucket seats and the bench seat is missing from the tooling.  We may retool it later for a future release.  Decal sheet is expanded from the original with gauges and badges plus some other goodies.  There's been discussion about making some 3D transfers previously that haven't got anywhere for a number of reasons including the extra costs. 

-Steve

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SteveG said:

There's been discussion about making some 3D transfers previously that haven't got anywhere for a number of reasons including the extra costs. 

 

That's too bad. I'm not alone in not only wanting for them, but am also willing to pay a relative premium for a kit with them (e.g., the pending K-10/K-15 pickups).
Thanks for your reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, PintoKING said:

the Paystar 5000 variations; there were 4,

Yes your right about that. Though if AMT would reissue the one with the fifth wheel , as the Logger trailer kit  has been reissued so it would make the logger Paystar 5000 .. Since the trailer kit has all the parts that go on the truck with it, And if a person wanted to they could build the regular Paystar into the logger or vise versa if the logging kit were to be reissued.

Edited by ranma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I'm way out there with this thought but keep waiting for one of these companies to re-release a couple of those European race trucks. Probably not popular enough to do so.

Missed them way back when and not sure who even made them and no, I don't do ebay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

I know I'm way out there with this thought but keep waiting for one of these companies to re-release a couple of those European race trucks. Probably not popular enough to do so.

Missed them way back when and not sure who even made them and no, I don't do ebay.

Revell made them. eBay is ok, just the postage is getting crazy.

Ben

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, the Paystar kit has the best rear Budd steel type 20" dually's ever made, however the front wheels are another story, the shape of the hand holes were way off.  Would have liked to see a standard front wheel similiar to the rears on this one. Even so, the kit has a nice heavy duty frame and would be great donor for a resin R 190 dump.

Edited by leafsprings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, SteveG said:

Interior is unchanged from the Deserter kit as the original Sod Buster kit used the bucket seats and the bench seat is missing from the tooling.  We may retool it later for a future release.  Decal sheet is expanded from the original with gauges and badges plus some other goodies.  There's been discussion about making some 3D transfers previously that haven't got anywhere for a number of reasons including the extra costs. 

-Steve

No loss on that bench seat.

It's very oddly shaped, being about a scale foot narrower at the top then at the bottom. 

You might be able to tell from this pic but you can see the base of the seat is pretty close to the door panel while the top is several scale inches from it at either end. It should be the same width all the way up.

IMG 2029

But if you do see fit to retool a new seat, might want to think about a new dash too. The one in the kit is only correct for the '73-'79 truck. It was changed somewhat for '80-'87 where the passenger side is squared up quite a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

No loss on that bench seat.

It's very oddly shaped, being about a scale foot narrower at the top then at the bottom. 

Was the bench seat only in the 1978 2WD annual? I have a mint unbuilt '78 annual - never noticed the odd proportions of the bench (maybe 'cause I was 8 when I built the original).

IIRC, that '78 2WD has the Scottsdale trim, which was between the Custom Deluxe and Cheyanne trim levels. 

I, too, would take a bench vs. buckets any day in a pickup (I'm a fan of spartan, base model appointments: rubber mats and vinyl seats). 
At least an option for both would be welcomed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

Was the bench seat only in the 1978 2WD annual? I have a mint unbuilt '78 annual - never noticed the odd proportions of the bench (maybe 'cause I was 8 when I built the original).

Not sure. I have a '78/'79 4X4 rebuilder down stairs. I'll check tomorrow to see but I think it does have the buckets and console.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Was the bench seat only in the 1978 2WD annual? I have a mint unbuilt '78 annual - never noticed the odd proportions of the bench (maybe 'cause I was 8 when I built the original).

The '78 annual and the Hardcastle & McCormick GMC are the only ones with the bench.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...