Model Cars Magazine Forum

Decal Progress JAACS Accord

935k3

Started doing the decals. These colors will never look right by camera. They look much better in person. Tamiya's Flourescent decals are slightly brittle. Luckily I have 2 sheets.

A hot damp cloth helps them conform nicely. Solvent are too strong for Tamiya's decals. I only use solvents down in panel lines and where they wrap under fenders. Tamiya was good to put the colors over a white base, because they overlap with out making darker lines. Tamiya constantly shows that they want to help you make a nice model.

f_Dcp6dsd669m_a4164b5.jpg

Edited by 935k3

dale, that is sweet looking. you have done a really nice job.

i have this kit, just looking at the decal sheet makes me nervous. :D

i will be building mine completly different ( impossible for me to build box stock :lol: ). i will not use the decals so, if they would help with your touch up, let me know. send me your address and i will send them your way.

again, i like your accord.

dale, that is sweet looking. you have done a really nice job.

i have this kit, just looking at the decal sheet makes me nervous. :D

i will be building mine completly different ( impossible for me to build box stock :lol: ). i will not use the decals so, if they would help with your touch up, let me know. send me your address and i will send them your way.

again, i like your accord.

Thanks, but I think I will be OK, I have 2 sheets of the main decals and I found some paint at the craft store for small touchups.