Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chevy gasser vintage Revell

gseeds

Hey guys , it’s been a few months since I’ve posted up any new models, this time around it’s a 1956 Chevy Revell kit a buddy of mine gave me about a year ago,

This is the 1973 issue, kit wasn’t complete so I thought I would build a 60’s style gasser with a flip nose, metal flake gold base, candy red and tangerine panels with a lacquer candy burgundy cob web paint job, topped off with a 2K clear . 

originally I placed a small block Chevy motor in the engine bay but it looked so tiny in there that I replaced it with a much bigger blown Hemi Motor set back in the fire wall , And a 4 speed transmission,  Slicks are a resin wrinkle walls, fronts tires are from the parts box as are the wheels and straight axle, build time about 2 weeks, really like having it in my display case, hope you like !! Thanks ! 

389AE3AF-07AC-4D5F-8F71-6963A07412AA.jpeg

862FD7C8-70BA-419A-99D6-84B05C07255B.jpeg

48B356A2-9869-4416-9C5F-A5BFF56876DB.jpeg

38BD65F8-BFE7-40CB-8763-1075D315EE68.jpeg

42AC87B4-59E5-44A9-9A51-97A35CF1CE86.jpeg

EEF7DEF7-9D87-4677-A50E-CC8F8A549F7A.jpeg

27C85DF9-889C-46FB-9075-816E152E0C26.jpeg

Edited by gseeds
  • Like 7

Teddy , The cob web is done with a acrylic lacquer, I just so happened to have a Qt of unopened 40 year old candy burgundy in my stash, the trick is to

“ Under “ thin the lacquer and shoot from your airbrush till the paint sprays out in a “ Hair “ that will be you cob web , it’s that easy !! Thanks for asking !

Edited by gseeds

10 hours ago, Tedly said:

Beautiful job! If I might ask, how did you do the cob webbing in scale? 

The cob web is done with a acrylic lacquer, I just so happened to have a Qt of unopened 40 year old candy burgundy in my stash, the trick is to

“ Under “ thin the lacquer and shoot from your airbrush till the paint sprays out in a “ Hair “ that will be you cob web , it’s that easy !! Thanks for asking !

Edited by gseeds

On 11/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, gseeds said:

Teddy , The cob web is done with a acrylic lacquer, I just so happened to have a Qt of unopened 40 year old candy burgundy in my stash, the trick is to

OK, thanks, I remember the technique in full size car painting with a siphon spray gun, but wasn't sure if it would work with an airbrush. I'll have to give it a try.

• Like 1