Model Cars Magazine Forum

Top 3 All Time Favorite Songs

StevenGuthmiller

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

All great songs!!!

As long as we're talking about the original Dylan version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door, and not the Guns and Roses cover. 🤢🤮

Steve

Agreed. I've always thought Axel's voice sounded like a cat being thrown through an electric fan. 🙉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1972coronet said:

I'm 52. I've long had a preference for Psychedelia, Hard Rock (I consider Johnny Thunders' Heartbreakers to be hard and fast traditional Rock), and Experimental.

Wow, you guys are shur hard to nail down. 😄

• Haha 1

Here's my pick for my very most favorite song........

Les Claypool is definitely one of my major favorites....... Here's one from his band Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains.

and I guess Supertramp's 'Take the Long Way Home'...........

Edited by JollySipper

7 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Hey thanks Steve,and yea,the Dylan version for sure.I like a lot of really GnR songs,but IMO ,they really kind of ruined the song.However,one of my favorite songs would be Mr.Brownstone.

Personally, I’d rather have molten lead poured into my ears than listen to Axle Rose sing. 😑

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

I absolutely love Supertramp!

Definitely in my top 20 favorite bands!

I still find it hard to believe that they're still not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but people like Run-DMC are! :rolleyes:

One of my favorites from Supertramp.

Steve

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

But how do you really feel?   :D

Honestly, you could ask my wife.

When Guns and Roses comes on the radio, the channel gets changed, or the radio is turned off!!

One of the very few rock bands that I refuse to listen to.

Part of it has to do with Axle's voice, which is like nails on a chalk board to me, and the other part is his attitude, and his historic disrespect for his own fans.

The guy's just a complete #*$@!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Like 1

Wow, I'd be hard pressed to get my favorites down to 300, much less 30. Three is just about impossible. :blink:

I've never heard of at least half the songs (or bands) listed so far. :wacko:

Of all those listed, the only one that might make my top three list would be Hendrix's Watchtower. 

Here's another one that would stand a good chance of making my list: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Honestly, you could ask my wife.

When Guns and Roses comes on the radio, the channel gets changed, or the radio is turned off!!

One of the very few rock bands that I refuse to listen to.

Part of it has to do with Axle's voice, which is like nails on a chalk board to me, and the other part is his attitude, and his historic disrespect for his own fans.

The guy's just a complete #*$@!

Steve

Steve, that is EXACTLY how I feel about it and do that when they come on the radio too.  In fact, just came back from picking my wife up at work and changed the channel when they came on on the way home. 😄

What really turned me off on G+R was when they won an award on live TV for one of their first hits and they were so wasted all they could do when they went up on stage was stand there and drop the "F bomb" over and over. A real class act for sure.

Edited by Can-Con

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Oh yea,i forgot about Tuesdays Gone,great song.Of course Free Bird IMO was their number one hit.I also liked Just got paid Today,but they have so many great songs..Lynyrd Skynard was such a great band.Just sucks that they had so many bad things happen to them.Namely the plane crash of course,but other bad things happened to some of the band members over the years as well..It’s amazing that they are still together after all they’ve been through.Interesting fact about the band,which I’m sure you know..Leonard Skinner was the band’s High school gym teacher and was the inspiration for the band’s name.He passed away a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Four, because counting is hard.

I am a fan of APP as well, and I think this is one of their best. I have hardly found anyone else who has heard of them as a group. Eye in the Sky as well. Alan definitely has enjoyed a pretty special musical career without really becoming a household name (for the most part).

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, JollySipper said:

Great song. I was in my very late teens when this was popular. My friend Paula's mother looked almost like the cover woman's twin and we all laughed about it.

• Like 1