Model Cars Magazine Forum

Top 3 All Time Favorite Songs

StevenGuthmiller

12 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh yea,i forgot about Tuesdays Gone,great song.Of course Free Bird IMO was their number one hit.I also liked Just got paid Today,but they have so many great songs..Lynyrd Skynard was such a great band.Just sucks that they had so many bad things happen to them.Namely the plane crash of course,but other bad things happened to some of the band members over the years as well..It’s amazing that they are still together after all they’ve been through.Interesting fact about the band,which I’m sure you know..Leonard Skinner was the band’s High school gym teacher and was the inspiration for the band’s name.He passed away a few years ago.

I’m from Chicago but loved southern rock!

2 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Only 3? Now that's a challenge.

Hmm...

Pop Will Eat Itself - Wise Up Sucker

My all time fav band.

Lol... I remember when that came out, not really in the genre of new that I was listening to but I picked up that album anyway. It was fun.

Charles 

19 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I love how that song just comes blasting-in on Sabotage! The entire album rules like Kung Fu! I'm especially fond of the outro to Symptom of the Universe.

Oh yea great songs.And how about Into the Void,which I believe was on their Master of Reality album?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh yea great songs.And how about Into the Void,which I believe was on their Master of Reality album?

Into The Void is indeed on Master of Reality [1971]. All of their albums are great through Sabotage, IMO. Technical Ecstasy has a couple of good tunes on it, but over-all it pales in comparison to their 1969-1975 sound. OTOH, I dig the album artwork for Ecstasy. Another far out piece by Hipgnosis. 

4 hours ago, slusher said:

here is another band I really

Saw the Marshall Tucker Band at a very small motorcycle rally in southeast Minnesota more than 20 years ago.

They were the headliner and final band of the night, and by the time they got up on stage, Doug Gray was so wasted that he sounded like he was singing with his mouth full of marbles.

It was so bad that the audience began to walk away, at which point, he began cussing them out.

Horrible experience!

Steve

11 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Saw the Marshall Tucker Band at a very small motorcycle rally in southeast Minnesota more than 20 years ago.

They were the headliner and final band of the night, and by the time they got up on stage, Doug Gray was so wasted that he sounded like he was singing with his mouth full of marbles.

It was so bad that the audience began to walk away, at which point, he began cussing them out.

Horrible experience!

Steve

Sounds ugly, not good..

Oh man is that ever hard to nail down 3 songs.  I'd probably have to go with these, as having music conversations in the past with coworkers & friends I have always mentioned them in my list of favorites.  People are usually surprised by them as I'm more of a metal/hard rock/grunge guy (Pantera, Tool, Soundgarden, etc.).  

Honorable mention, just because.

• Like 2

Oh man,again I forgot about a song.Your absolutely right Bogger,Simple Man is such a great song…And it’s too bad we lost Neil Peart so young.And obviously after his very untimely death,that was the end of Rush.☹️RIP Neil.🙏Another great song not listed is Iron Butterfly’s “In a gadda da vida,”.