Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford 3-Window With 427SOHC From The Newest MCM Issue 216

Dennis Lacy

On 11/13/2022 at 5:13 AM, TarheelRick said:

Really sweet Deuce.  Might want to change those rear slicks to 10.50's, not sure if the 8.20's will hold that mighty SOHC. Simple, understated, vicious machine; got to love it.

That occurred to me after the fact. Wish I would have thought to wipe the numbers off because the wheels definitely are not 15” anymore either! 🤣

On 11/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, Metalmad said:

Dennis Congrats on the award ! This is the seventh show our club has done at the NHRA museum and as always the turn out was top notch and judging the builds was no easy task. 

Thank you! I really enjoyed the show. You guys put on a good one! It also helps that I live 10 minutes away. 😁 I also attended back in 2018 so I was happy to get back. 

On 11/13/2022 at 9:34 PM, Calb56 said:

You mentioned other builders as influences and I feel you can honestly place yourself in the same circle.

Thank you, very kind of you to say!

On 11/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, 68shortfleet said:

Incredible build to see in person.

Congratulations on your MCM coverage. 

Thanks so much! It was great getting to meet you and get some of those killer louvered hoods. Your ‘32 RPU had my vote for the 1932 category. Best use of that body I’ve seen!

On 11/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, TimKustom said:

I had the utmost confidence you would come through with a great article and you didn't disappoint! Well done.

Hope it inspires many others to "Shoehorn a SOHC"!

Standing by for the next one...

Thanks so much, Tim! I’ll let you know if I come up with any more great ideas. 

On 11/17/2022 at 1:35 PM, Plowboy said:

You most certainly accomplished your goal Dennis! That thing is bad assed to the bone! I like how the primer color and black rims gives it a modern feel. I'd really like to see your take on a modern hot rod! 

Thanks so much, Roger! Modern hot rod? Stay tuned…

On 11/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, Speedpro said:

To see this in the magazine and then to see it here gives more appreciation for what you have built. Excellent craftsmanship through out. Congrats on your award. Well deserved.

Speedpro

Thank you! After seeing the level of quality you produce that means a lot!

On 11/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

@Dennis Lacy, that thing is baaaaaad! And you know my affinity for 32's. I knew it felt like your bench was quiet for awhile. Now we all know why. 

Congratulations!

Thanks so much, Craig! Admittedly, not being able to share the project here was a bummer. In order to meet the deadline (and barely!) I had to side line my other projects which meant I had nothing to share for months. I definitely missed the interaction.