Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

Awesome custom pickup Katsu. I liked your wip and love the finished result. Your attention to detail is inspirational. 

Cheers, David. 😎👍

Thanks David, lots of very cool builders really taught me a lot this past year....I'm looking forward to learning more.  😀 

• Like 1

Great build! Details and especially bodywork/paint are super nice 🤩 I noticed you're in Hawaii! You ever have humidity wreak havoc with your paintjobs? I'm in Texas and I have to watch the humidity like a hawk when I do my paint work...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, Ferbz said:

Great build! Details and especially bodywork/paint are super nice 🤩 I noticed you're in Hawaii! You ever have humidity wreak havoc with your paintjobs? I'm in Texas and I have to watch the humidity like a hawk when I do my paint work...

Yes, I keep a close eye on humidity levels when I paint.

Here in Hawaii  humidity is normally on the higher side, sometimes I adjust the paint mixture to accommodate for the humidity but when it's really high there's no spraying for that day. 

Another thing is, I don't use a dehydrator. 

I still like letting my paint jobs dry on their own....I seem to get a deeper gloss by letting it self dry.

Screenshot_20221113_174050.jpg

Edited by Katsusauce

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful build Derek! As the others have said, that paint job is spectacular. The ‘41 Chev trucks have such an amazing front grill, one of the best IMHO. Great details all round, I have my eye on one of those engines from Iceman. Do they need much clean up?

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1