Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spielberg to remake Bullitt

Jantrix

7 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

And another thing: The chase is going to be very quiet in electric vehicles.

Actually, none of the characters will have access to vehicles, or even have drivers' licenses, so there'll be a lot of waiting for properly masked Uber or Lyft drivers (or possibly autonomous speed-limited vehicles) to show up for the chase...should be exciting.

"Can't live in the past" you know.  ;)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Actually, none of the characters will have access to vehicles, or even have drivers' licenses, so there'll be a lot of waiting for properly masked Uber or Lyft drivers (or possibly autonomous speed-limited vehicles) to show up for the chase...should be exciting.

"Can't live in the past" you know.  ;)

Back in the '80s, one night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and put on the TV in the middle of the night. Got into a movie on HBO or somewhere that I realized about 10 minutes in was nothing more or less than a low-rent remake of Bullitt. It wasn't very good, but I decided to stick with it through the chase scene to see what that would be. Believe it or not, the "big chase" turned out to be a foot chase through whatever city it was. :o It was even less exciting than it sounds. I don't remember what happened after that. Maybe I didn't even finish it. 

I don't remember the name of this movie, but it had "Scorpio" or "Scorpion" in the title in some way. I've searched for it several times (google, IMDB, etc.) and have never been able to find a trace of it.  Does it sound familiar to anyone? :unsure:

19 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

They're remaking 'A Christmas Story' with the original Ralphie......... Not sure if it's a sequel or what. I'm not sure how they could best the original though.......

It's done, and will be on HBO very soon. I'll let you know if it's any good. 

I understand that Ralphie is grown now, and takes his kids to visit his childhood home, so it's not so much a remake as a sequel. I'm looking forward to it. 

13 hours ago, Snake45 said:

It's done, and will be on HBO very soon. I'll let you know if it's any good. 

I understand that Ralphie is grown now, and takes his kids to visit his childhood home, so it's not so much a remake as a sequel. I'm looking forward to it. 

Ok,I do want to watch it too,but i have to say that they should’ve just left it alone.In other words,i really think its a bad idea.But I guess we will wait and see.And for me,as i think i have stated in the past,that IMO,the 7 Ups was a better chase than the Bullitt chase.But both were amazing though.And Bill Hickman,was the best stunt driver to ever get behind the wheel of a car.Thanks for posting the video.👍

23 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I thought the car chase in Ronin was just as good as the one in Bullitt. Possibly more exciting.

I've seen Ronin five or six times over the years, and remember the car chase as pretty darn good, but you know what? I can't remember one specific thing about it, including what kind of cars were involved. Note to self: Try to find Ronin on streaming and watch it again.

I do remember The Italian Job chase. I remember thinking, "These little Fiats are doing all this with trunks full of gold? Who do they think they're fooling?":rolleyes:

Bullitt is still the Gold Standard by which all other car chases are judged, and will be for all timeB)

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I've seen Ronin five or six times over the years, and remember the car chase as pretty darn good, but you know what? I can't remember one specific thing about it, including what kind of cars were involved. Note to self: Try to find Ronin on streaming and watch it again.

Ronin had a good cast and great chases, IIRC the cars were an Audi A8, BMW 5-series (E34 generation), Mercedes 6.9/450 SEL (late 70s), and various Peugeots..

9 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Ronin had a good cast and great chases, IIRC the cars were an Audi A8, BMW 5-series (E34 generation), Mercedes 6.9/450 SEL (late 70s), and various Peugeots..

It's an overall great movie, or I wouldn't have watched it 5 or 6 times. I just can't remember any specifics about the car chase. I have a VAGUE recollection of some kind of Citroen, though....:unsure:

Ronin had two major/prominent car chases. The first one involved an Audi S8 and Mercedes 450 SEL (W116) chasing down a Citroen XM, accompanied by a couple Peugeot 406, down to the French riviera, while the second one was a Peugeot 406 chasing a 5 series BMW (E34) through the Paris rush hour. 

1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

Fiats? *Fiats*? FIATS??????

They weren’t no bleedin’ FIATs…

😜

best,

M.

Okay, what were they, then? Mini-Coopers? Been at least a decade since I've seen it....

All I remember is whatever they were, they would have been lucky to MOVE with all that gold weight, much less participate in any kind of chase.... ;):lol:

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

If anyone else is interested, it's not currently streaming on HBO/MAX, SHO, Netflix, AMC, or FX. But it IS on Pluto TV. Pluto TV is absolutely free, but you have to put up with commercials.

Will report back on it in a couple days. Trying to finish up the newest Bob Lee Swagger thriller, then I have to see how last night's No Prep Kings came out, then watch the latest episode of Avenue 5 on HBO. (Absolutely hilarious, and definitely Snakeworthy B):lol:.)

(The other thing I remember about Ronin: Like Pulp Fiction, we never really find out what's in the case....)

On 11/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, Can-Con said:

I just read on another site that there's plans afoot to remake "Escape from New York". 😧

That COULD be a good idea, depending on the cast. Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Donald Pleasance, and Isaac Hayes are big shoes to fill. :unsure:

OTOH, for about 30 years now I've wanted to see a remake of The Magnificent Seven set in a modern inner city, with an all-black cast. The basic story itself is timeless, adaptable to any age or setting, and the black talent available today could easily make such a film an instant classic. (Samuel L. m-ing f-ing Jackson would HAVE to be in it, and I'd love to see Chris Rock, Snoop Dogg, and many others in there, too.)

Lettuce not forget The French Connection for the most absurd -yet absolute genius- car chasing the El Train! Heavily parodied in The Blues Brothers.

"Welp, this is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. If my estimations are correct, we should be very close to the Honorable Richard J Daily Plaza!"

blues-brothers-lower-wacker.jpg.39421cfe86eca205af5425c43bba8762.jpg

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

If anyone else is interested, it's not currently streaming on HBO/MAX, SHO, Netflix, AMC, or FX. But it IS on Pluto TV. Pluto TV is absolutely free, but you have to put up with commercials.

Will report back on it in a couple days. Trying to finish up the newest Bob Lee Swagger thriller, then I have to see how last night's No Prep Kings came out, then watch the latest episode of Avenue 5 on HBO. (Absolutely hilarious, and definitely Snakeworthy B):lol:.)

(The other thing I remember about Ronin: Like Pulp Fiction, we never really find out what's in the case....)

Yea as far as the case in Pulp Fiction,it was said that Quentin Tarantino wanted to just leave it up to the viewers to make up their own minds up about what was in the suite case.There are so many theories,from it being gold,but that theory really doesn’t make sense,because if it was gold,the case would’ve been a lot heavier.I mean sure when it’s open,there is a sort of gold glow coming from the suite case,but like i said,gold is heavy.Other theories were that it was the diamonds that were stolen in Reservoir Dogs,to even being Marsellus Wallace‘s soul.Idk.again it’s just up to the audience to interpret for ourselves.

973279AC-754E-4C21-AB16-CCCD106730A3.jpeg

D90EE8E3-2140-49EC-AB7E-75B24E4EA782.jpeg