Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2/ AMT '55 Chevy Nomad Wagon Kit Coming in 2023

stavanzer

Buried in all the new product photos, did anybody notice the Wompin' Wagon '55 Box Art in one display?

That Box Art is hard to miss. (Original Box Art Shown)

Give me this kit! 6 Fresh Tires, New Decals and all the Drag Parts!

I've been waiting for Round2 to finally release this kit. It will sell Very Well, I predict. 

fhf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

From Round2:

WOMPIN WAGON
AMT '55 CHEVY NOMAD 3-IN-1 (1:25
SCALE)
AMT's 3-in-1 '55 Nomad returns better than ever! We've fully retooled the chrome features resulting in improved overall fit-and-finish of the Wompin' Wagon. Adding to the improvements, the decal sheet has also been expanded with stock badging options and more! For the custom gasser builders we've also included optional red tinted glass in this version as well. Look for this chromed-out Chevy to hit hobby shelves soon!
Due Early 2023. Preproduction samples subject to improvements in production.
#AMT1297

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

From Round2:
AMT's 3-in-1 '55 Nomad returns better than ever! We've fully retooled the chrome features resulting in improved overall fit-and-finish of the Wompin' Wagon. Adding to the improvements, the decal sheet has also been expanded with stock badging options and more! For the custom gasser builders we've also included optional red tinted glass in this version as well. Look for this chromed-out Chevy to hit hobby shelves soon!

Red Glass, Re-tooled Chrome!

Even Better Than I had Hoped!

Bring it on.

I'll have to grab one this go'round, as I've never had a copy of any of its releases (don't know why). 

I'd be keen on the 1/16 scale Nomad receiving some upgrades, too. Put some vintage options in that rascal (ditch those awful tyres for the custom version, please! I'm okay with the Cragar S/ST's, but those "snow tyres" have to go), including engine parts (dual fours, maybe a tunnel ram, headers, etc.).

There are now three sets of headlamp housings, one with the eyebrow, one without and a Lucas style housing.  The Nomad chrome tree had been altered several times, the latest attempt was so it could share parts with the Bel Air kit and was barely useable when AMT637 version was run in 2009.  We even re-grouped all the part and added number tags for easier assembly.  

-Steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, SteveG said:

There are now three sets of headlamp housings, one with the eyebrow, one without and a Lucas style housing.  The Nomad chrome tree had been altered several times, the latest attempt was so it could share parts with the Bel Air kit and was barely useable when AMT637 version was run in 2009.  We even re-grouped all the part and added number tags for easier assembly.  

-Steve

Cool, glad you're investing in some restorations to improve the inventory. 

• Like 1