Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2/ AMT '55 Chevy Nomad Wagon Kit Coming in 2023

stavanzer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Anybody catch the gluing of the tailgate, where he painted the entire area around the tailgate with liquid cement? Epic.  

Pretty much what I plan to do with my next "Wompin' Wagon". I don't need it opening up on the drag strip.

I never liked the way the tailgate opened on this old Trophy kit anyways...fragile hinges and all...

(Mind you...I'll glue it shut from the inside...)

WOMPIN WAGON.jpg

Edited by blizzy63
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

Pretty much what I plan to do with my next "Wompin' Wagon". I don't need it opening up on the drag strip.

I never liked the way the tailgate opened on this old Trophy kit anyways...fragile hinges and all...

Nothing against gluing fiddly panels shut. 

Edited by Dave Darby
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, blizzy63 said:

(Mind you...I'll glue it shut from the inside...)

WOMPIN WAGON.jpg

What’s with the paint? Cracks in the photo or just some wild design?

Just a heads-up to anyone building this kit who is not familiar with the 1/1, unlike the model in the video, the real car (in factory stock condition) has no chrome wheel lip moldings and no chrome moldings on the horizontal roof ribs, either.  Didn't watch the video so not sure if this was an intentional builder-added modification, but I don't recall ever seeing a 1/1 drag or custom Nomad with these alterations, either (but I suppose one never knows for sure.).......TB 

6 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Just a heads-up to anyone building this kit who is not familiar with the 1/1, unlike the model in the video, the real car (in factory stock condition) has no chrome wheel lip moldings and no chrome moldings on the horizontal roof ribs, either.  Didn't watch the video so not sure if this was an intentional builder-added modification, but I don't recall ever seeing a 1/1 drag or custom Nomad with these alterations, either (but I suppose one never knows for sure.).......TB 

hpi guy did that himself because he likes the look. He said so himself in the vid.

10 hours ago, ss2000 said:

What’s with the paint? Cracks in the photo or just some wild design?

Gather 'round kids and I'll tell you a story:

Once upon a time...pictures were taken with a thing called a   c a m e r a... yadda yadda yadda... some photo prints got old...

(The print is nearly 60 years old...I know how it feels...!) 😉 

Edited by blizzy63
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, blizzy63 said:

Gather 'round kids and I'll tell you a story:

Once upon a time...pictures were taken with a thing called a   c a m e r a... yadda yadda yadda... some photo prints got old...

(The print is nearly 60 years old...I know how it feels...!) 😉 

I’m 56, catching up lol

• Like 1