Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 70 Dodge Charger

bluestringer

Some interesting facts about the Charger in the movies. They were 3-5 cars used. The first shot of the car in Dom's garage has a 592 Hemi that was only used for that shot, after that it was returned to the builder. The actual engine used in the movie was a 440 Big Block with a fake blower, and the sound was not from that engine, it was recorded from a Hemi and used in the movie. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Keef said:

Gonna blackout the hood or go body color?

Going body color with this one.

16 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Like the color James, good looking paint job there Buddy!!

Thanks Mike.

14 hours ago, slusher said:

Very nice paint, James!

Thanks Carl.

Calling it done. This build was going along good until the end when it was time to put frame and body together. It would not fit. The front is way too high and I can't figure out what's wrong. It's as far as it will go. At least I think I'm improving on my painting. Thanks all for the comments. I'll post some pics in under glass.

If this builds like the 69, there is a small "lip" I believe on the interior bucket that needs to be trimmed.. or firewall... prevents the 2 pieces from joining. Been a while since I built my General Lee, but I remember something in that area.

**edit**

If memory serves... and it probably doesn't... I think "lip" is on the back of the firewall. And that stops the floorboard from setting up high enough.

1242016564_chargerinfo.JPG.78debcd12221faa1af5719ccbc6410be.JPG

Edited by KWT
adding info... hopefully
  • Like 1