Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12th Scale 69 Camaro Top Sportsman Suspension and chassis jig.

Ian McLaren

On 12/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Lamination is an excellent way to build stuff like that. I did the pan, and the valve covers for the NFD, that way. Although, I am giving some thought to machining them from aluminum--some.😀

I wish I had the capability to machine aluminum, I am envious of all of you that can.

• Ian McLaren changed the title to 1/12th Scale 69 Camaro Top Sportsman Chassis Progressing
6 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

You are making excellent progress, Ian. It's looking great! I'm feeling like a slacker!😃

You a slacker?  Not a chance, I am amazed by your productivity on all of your projects especially when your  quality is never affected.  I have been in a bit of a groove lately but that stops tomorrow.   I am involved in a new restaurant project that we hope to open Jan 1/23 so tomorrow I'm off to work on the interior trim (stainless and polished aluminum) and the main cashier kiosk.  Apparently being an assistant manager involves more than just standing around.  LOL    So this photo is about as far as it's going to go at least for the next little while.   Unless I can steal a little me time here and there.

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Apparently being an assistant manager involves more than just standing around.  LOL

I guess you have to make it up to manager, to be the designator! Dang it! My job has me in plenty of kitchens. I can tell that foodservice isn't for the faint of heart. I hope it all goes well, my friend! I am sure you will find a few little things you can work on, here and there. I'll be looking forward to seeing them, whenever you can! Thank you for your kind words, Ian.

Beautiful work Ian!  The Camaro loses nothing by waiting, a little break is sometimes beneficial for the continuation of things and this project so well started will only be a winner I am sure.   Good luck with your new restaurant project and try to keep some free time to keep us entertained! 😁

• Ian McLaren changed the title to 1/12th Scale 69 Camaro Top Sportsman Suspension and chassis jig.