Model Cars Magazine Forum

BENTLEY S1 1955

1959scudetto

Now something unusual (at least for me) but when the opportunity was there, I had to take it (for little money, because of some small issues) - I think it is one of the best detailed Franklin mint models: very big and heavy, highly detailed, but take a look at the photos! Weakest point is the gap around the doors - but hey! 4 opening doors!

P1200042.JPG

P1200055.JPG

P1200043.JPG

P1200056.JPG

P1200044.JPG

P1200045.JPG

P1200046.JPG

P1200047.JPG

P1200048.JPG

P1200049.JPG

P1200052.JPG

P1200061.JPG

Edited by 1959scudetto
  • Like 2

Beautiful Model! I have the first brown and gold release. Yours still has the wings on the flying B hood ornament, very rare. Mine has the B but the wings are gone. I had another one used for parts and its was missing entirely. The brown and gold versions also suffered from zinc pest. My parts car had it bad in the top

10 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

Beautiful Model! I have the first brown and gold release. Yours still has the wings on the flying B hood ornament, very rare. Mine has the B but the wings are gone. I had another one used for parts and its was missing entirely. The brown and gold versions also suffered from zinc pest. My parts car had it bad in the top

I have the brown and gold release too and it is missing the hood ornament entirely.  But fortunately it does not have the zinc pest.

Bentley_S1_20190709_133324.jpg.0f29879618fa2e7b4ff8da6f333d66c8.jpg

18 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

7 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I have the brown and gold release too and it is missing the hood ornament entirely.  But fortunately it does not have the zinc pest.

Bentley_S1_20190709_133324.jpg.0f29879618fa2e7b4ff8da6f333d66c8.jpg

Thanks, Tim and Gary - the dark red/brown and gold color suits it well, too.

Zinc pest is awful - I experienced that with some (forutunately cheap) die-casts that literally fell apart.

Your Bentley S1 is indeed a beautiful model, and I have the maroon / gold version by Franklin Mint, as well as several Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I's.

These two model cars are two of the best models that were made by Franklin Mint, and the detail is impressive.

Your Bentley is Majestic Silver over Royal Blue, and the other version is Dark Cherry Maroon over Silversand ( metallic ).

The Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I is finished in Mason's Black over Oyster Grey.

Sounds like you got a good price on this one !

David

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Your Bentley S1 is indeed a beautiful model, and I have the maroon / gold version by Franklin Mint, as well as several Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I's.

These two model cars are two of the best models that were made by Franklin Mint, and the detail is impressive.

Your Bentley is Majestic Silver over Royal Blue, and the other version is Dark Cherry Maroon over Silversand ( metallic ).

The Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I is finished in Mason's Black over Oyster Grey.

Sounds like you got a good price on this one !

David

IIRC, I paid around €  40 for it (without original box or certificate - I don't care about the paperwork - but with a bent antenna, a small paint chip and some damage on the trunk mat/above the spre wheel)

Helmut

Edited by 1959scudetto

19 hours ago, keyser said:

I so wish the did the S1-3 2 door convertibles. 
The factory took sedans off the line, sent them to MPW, and they cut them up into convertibles. Lots of sedans around, few convertibles. Still can convert (pun intended) sedans now. FC0F66C8-A365-4F79-AE23-9B78CD7AF717.jpeg.330983b3c3005033d58237426543ed76.jpeg2DBAB178-A2C7-4D8E-9140-EC24878E4330.jpeg.dfe005df0716c2e362b7e655336af841.jpeg

I guess MPW is for Mulliner Park Ward ?

• Like 1