Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors 1971 Cuda (Barracuda)

Mopar - D

I’m starting with the Testors 71 Cuda kit that is lacking a lot of details so I’m going to make it a Barracuda and change out most of the parts with a Revell 70’s T/A Cuda kit. I’m going with a 383 engine and front bench seat. This is going to be car number 4 for my 1971 car transporter that I’m planning on building in the future. Hears what I’m starting with so far. 

1AD4986F-5108-4FFC-8BDB-DBD7D38982D6.jpeg

BE402285-4B0F-4178-88A7-0597C86B6961.jpeg

Yes it's the Jo-Han kit and it was the last time it was seen as the tooling disappeared after that run together with the 1970 Olds, the Rambler S/C and the Mercury Comet, I kknow there were plans to reissue them but the tooling was lost.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:02 PM, afx said:

I did a '71 Barracuda conversion on the Revell kit.  Looking forward Dan to following your project.

Thanks JC 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:59 PM, Bainford said:

Cool project, both this and the transporter project. I'm watching.

I've been planning a similar build, but stuffing the Revell kit into an MPC '74 Cuda.

Thanks Trevor, I will probably do the same thing with my 74 Cuda I have in my stash. For the car transporter I’m trying to figure out a 8 car hauler seeing I have a 5, 2-6, 7 and 9 car haulers . 

On 11/27/2022 at 11:04 AM, 1972coronet said:

The old Johan S&M 1971 Barracuda Pro Stock -- great starting point for a Barracuda model (no "fender gills" from the 'Cuda model).

What kit are you planning to download the 383 from? 

Thanks John I’m rethinking the 383 I thought I still had a Gibson 383 but it’s a 340. I’m thinking I may make the 340 into a 318. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:34 PM, Force said:

Yes it's the Jo-Han kit and it was the last time it was seen as the tooling disappeared after that run together with the 1970 Olds, the Rambler S/C and the Mercury Comet, I kknow there were plans to reissue them but the tooling was lost.

Yea this is the reissued JoHan under the Testor label. 

• Like 1