Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby GT-350 'Eleanor-ish'

70 Sting

On 11/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, radiohd10 said:

very well done - never would have known you had issues with the kit.  great job!

Thanks radio. It's not the worst kit I've ever built (the body was also slightly warped but straightened out when attached to the chassis), however it's definitely not a Tamiya kit.

23 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Absolutely awesome. It certainly is convincing. Great photography and use of light.

Thanks grumpy, it's just a single diffused light placed directly above. The smooth, gradient background comes from a combination of the seamless paper and its distance from the car. The downside of this flat lighting is that you don't really see the shine on the body. However, dust and other undesirables are also hidden. 🤫

On 11/28/2022 at 5:59 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

Harry,,,this one really caught my eye.  The color, the wheels everything about this just says Mustang.  Always like your posts because you explain a lot.  Even your mistakes and we all make em.  Good job. 

I truly appreciate that Rich. I’ve learned so much about the hobby from other modellers during these pandemic years that it’s an honour if I can return the favour in any way. 💯

Beautiful Shelby , the paint and detailing look excellent !  Well done Harry !  Just my opinion so don't take offense . . . it needs more rubber , those skinny tires just don't fill up the openings enough . Still it looks great and I'd be proud to have it on my shelf ! :)

On 11/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Awesome build! Very nice paint job and I just love Steve Z's wheels! Imo it looks way better without the side pipes ! Very well done!

Thanks Oliver, much appreciated. Yeah, Zimmerman’s wheels are one of the very few which come painted/chromed and ready to go. 😎

On 12/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, TooOld said:

Beautiful Shelby , the paint and detailing look excellent !  Well done Harry !  Just my opinion so don't take offense . . . it needs more rubber , those skinny tires just don't fill up the openings enough . Still it looks great and I'd be proud to have it on my shelf ! :)

No offence taken. I don’t disagree as I’m not really a big fan of low profile titles. Perhaps I could have lowered the ride height a bit to compensate.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:13 AM, Dominik said:
On 11/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Awesome build! Very nice paint job and I just love Steve Z's wheels! Imo it looks way better without the side pipes ! Very well done!

agreed. 

like the clean look better. excellent!

Much appreciated. :^)

13 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Beautiful build, Harry!  What kinda camera do you use? I need a new camera!  Your photos are great! 😎👍

Thanks John :^)

The camera I use is a Canon 7D. I like the ‘flatter’ look (no distortion) you get when the camera is positioned farther away from the model. Cellphones are great but you have to get much closer to fill the frame which can result in wide angle distortion. Having said that, this can provide a cool look from certain angles, too.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:16 PM, Dragline said:

Very nice build. We all see the flaws in our work as they glare at and mock us every time we look at our builds. Meanwhile the rest of the world see our creations as a whole and rarely see our booboo's.

You are 100% correct!  On top of this, photography reveals many details and/or flaws that would generally go unnoticed by all by the most critical eye.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, Russell C said:

No offense to the movie people or whoever came up with the movie car -- but they should have used your design instead, in my opinion.

Well, you just made my day.  :^)

Mustangs from the 60’s were simply beautiful.

• Thanks 1