Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Chevy II Street Gasser (Sox and Martin inspired)

DanL

42 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Best version of that kit I've seen yet , great job !!  They may be Sox & Martin colors but they sure look good on that Chevy II . :)

Thx for the great comment... I am getting better the more I build.

Cheers

DanL

50 minutes ago, Metalmad said:

Love the color combo on her ! Looks Awesome !

Sox and Martin painted all there race cars in this style with slight variations... always liked it . I guess American motors did too because in 1969 they built the SC/Rambler, a compact muscle car with this same livery. My paint job turned out pretty good with the red side panels being the most difficult. It's hard to avoid those small bleed in areas under the masking tape and very difficult to touch them up properly. 

Cheers

DanL

6 hours ago, Zippi said:

Now that's a different twist on this kit compared to what everyone else has done including myself.  Nice job on this one.  I remember watchin Sox & Martin race back in the late 60's.  

Thanks Bob... A lot of these have been built lately and it is a nice clean simple build. Gave me a chance to try the three tone paint job and I also used wider rear street tires (from the AMT 67 chevelle kit) so I had to raise the car by a couple of mm to clear the rears and get it sitting right.

Cheers

DanL