Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Mercury Sedan

Zippi

Very very nice job on this Merc Bob.  The paint, the brightwork, the fact that you were able to get the trunk to operate and look good closed (something I failed at on my recent build).  This color also really suites this car and really makes the chrome, brightwork and wide whites pop.  Even when built as a totally stock, these '49 Mercs look like a mildly customized car from my late 50's- early '60's childhood.  Totally love what you've achieved with this old AMT kit. A+ dude!

39 minutes ago, papajohn97 said:

Very very nice job on this Merc Bob.  The paint, the brightwork, the fact that you were able to get the trunk to operate and look good closed (something I failed at on my recent build).  This color also really suites this car and really makes the chrome, brightwork and wide whites pop.  Even when built as a totally stock, these '49 Mercs look like a mildly customized car from my late 50's- early '60's childhood.  Totally love what you've achieved with this old AMT kit. A+ dude!

I really do appreciate all the kind words man.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

Your Merc looks great Bob. I followed your wip and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the tip on using the eraser to stamp the raised body detail.

Cheers, David. 😎👍

Thanks Dave.  I'm glad there are others who liked the stamping trick for the script.

• Like 1