Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Alfa Romeo Zagato

bbowser

Great job, Bruce! I've picked up a couple of these recently. I notice you got the wheels and tires fitting together nicely. Some examples I've seen, even one version of the box art, has the wheels popping out from the tires and really detracting from the looks. Yours look just right! 😀 What brand/color paint did you use on the interior?

That's a great and beautiful build. Old Heller kits can be a pain but they have such interesting subjects. I built a few of older Heller kits and they sure are challenging. The newer kits are a different story, they are finely engineered and detailed and they are much easier to build. The Renault 4 gl and Citroen fourgonette are  good examples.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hoffman said:

Great job, Bruce! I've picked up a couple of these recently. I notice you got the wheels and tires fitting together nicely. Some examples I've seen, even one version of the box art, has the wheels popping out from the tires and really detracting from the looks. Yours look just right! 😀 What brand/color paint did you use on the interior?

The interior was brushed with Model Master leather.  The exterior is Tamiya  TS-49 Bright Red.  Thanks for the kind words!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very well done, Bruce - looks great! What were the main obstacles in building this one?

I have the very same in my stash and want to turn it into Nuvolari's 1930(?) Mille Miglia winner (got decals from tom Tanner).

The trickiest part is heat swaging  the steering linkage without seizing it up, its to scale and therefore pretty delicate.  The body is split in half, I glued and reinforced it underneath and puttied the seams.  It went a lot easier than the other older Heller kits I've done.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1