Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Reliable" Resins

Reliable Resins is back on the 'Bay

I paid for an item of his on eBay a couple of years ago and never received it.  Got a lot of excuses though.

Now he is selling again on eBay.  See my post below.

image.png.3190c3cb4ee545f388ecc5daf906e037.png

Edited by sfhess
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sfhess said:

This guy has a lot of nerve.

I paid for an item of his on eBay a couple of years ago and never received it.  Got a lot of excuses though.

Now he is selling again on eBay.  BEWARE.

image.png.3190c3cb4ee545f388ecc5daf906e037.png

There’s a whole bunch of people on here who have been burned by him, myself included. I  got the item, after ALOT of whining and excuses, but the body was useless junk that stunk like stale cigarette smoke. 

Edited by bismarck

Amazing that he's maintained 100% positive feedback. I've heard that he somehow kind of blackmails people into it, but have no experience. I do know that I have heard nothing but bad things about him and his products for over 20 years! I also had the misfortune of talking to him on the phone, once. Struck me as a complete phony.

I got a reply to my eBay message saying he has all the unfilled orders in a "safe place" and intends to fill them when he is able.  Current listings are items he is selling "to keep a roof over his head".  He included pictures showing the results of a lot of surgical work to the back of his neck.

I had previously ordered one of his 70 GTO conversion kits.  I received that promptly and it's a pretty good casting.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:16 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Amazing that he's maintained 100% positive feedback. I've heard that he somehow kind of blackmails people into it, but have no experience. I do know that I have heard nothing but bad things about him and his products for over 20 years! I also had the misfortune of talking to him on the phone, once. Struck me as a complete phony.

Years ago, negative feedback could only be erased if both parties agreed to it. A seller once left me negative feedback, hoping I would erase his. I bought two books from him and it took several months, plus numerous phone calls and e-mails to get what I had paid for.  His company had said yes, they would combine shipping. The company owner said no, after the fact. I did not erase his negative feedback. I made a website called “ohojimsucks.com” instead. **** that guy. 

15 hours ago, LDO said:

Years ago, negative feedback could only be erased if both parties agreed to it. A seller once left me negative feedback, hoping I would erase his. I bought two books from him and it took several months, plus numerous phone calls and e-mails to get what I had paid for.  His company had said yes, they would combine shipping. The company owner said no, after the fact. I did not erase his negative feedback. I made a website called “ohojimsucks.com” instead. **** that guy. 

Right on! Don't get mad, get even! I believe that's what Theune was doing. He's a complete a-hole.

I ordered "correct" resin tires for the Accurate Miniatures Grand Sport. I did receive them in a decent turn around but the tires were garbage. I complained through eBay and recieved a full refund. See how accurate they are! Don't even think about ordering from him. No one 1164717293_thumbnail(2).jpg.efb2acdb42108f44a4a7b93e56d36952.jpgwho has pride in their product would ever sell such poor quality. 

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

9 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

I ordered "correct" resin tires for the Accurate Miniatures Grand Sport. I did receive them in a decent turn around but the tires were garbage. I complained through eBay and recieved a full refund. See how accurate they are! Don't even think about ordering from him. No one 1164717293_thumbnail(2).jpg.efb2acdb42108f44a4a7b93e56d36952.jpgwho has pride in their product would ever sell such poor quality. 

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

That's a ...tire?

11 hours ago, BobbyG said:

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Looks like the garbage that he sent me.