Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Reliable" Resins

RR’s scam with me was to immediately issue a mailing label. I watched on his site, him running out the PayPal complaint clock. I did file a claim prior to the run out time, documenting all the emails I sent him and even a link to the complaints on these forums and others. They did have him refund my full amount. I then received several very nasty voice messages from him. 

• Like 1

Yet he still “sells” on eBay. If he does that to someone that’s written tons of articles about builds, he’d do worse to us normals. And he does. 
Wish someone did decent versions of some of the stuff he’s butchered. Cobra sunburst alloys for one. 

Funny story…he and I met a long time ago. I was on my way to a Corvette show. I had a ‘93 40th Coupe. He pulls up next to me asking if I was going to the show and I said yes. He said to look him up as he had something I had to have. I pulled in, parked the car and wandered. Inside I see a table of models. It was him. He was trying to sell me a Corvette model. He said….and this is the best part…that he made all the custom license plates on the models. I looked at him and asked, even this one? It read “VET DREM”. He said he did. I laughed out loud…. He looked puzzled. I told him to go out and look at my ‘93. It was my plate that I shot for my business at the time, Scale Vanities.

• Haha 5

Somewhere out there on video was Don trying to promote his "business". Years ago someone gave me this vid to watch, so I had a friend of mine over that also knew Don, and we watched this together. The video had us laughing so hard, we were literally gasping for breath! 🤣

He tried to wipe the camera lens at one point with his hand after he licked it...........SMEARED the thing to heck!

What sent us REALLY over the edge was a part of the video where a news reporter comes on to do a story about RR. At one point she says-----"Don Theune, who used to be a Chippendale Dancer....."

My friend and I looked at each other and go WHAAAAT???? We literally lost it laughing then! I don't know what ever happened to the vid----I tried to find it on YT and it's not there. Someone out there has a VHS copy of this "comedy"! It was the hardest laugh watching that thing I think I've ever had!

• Haha 4

On 12/4/2022 at 11:03 PM, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Man I actually hate seeing stuff like this, gives small businesses a bad name.

Unfortunately it makes people leary of doing business with the unknown. It just makes guys like you work harder to protect your credibility. Products like yours keep our hobby strong and we rely on quality for the next level of building our models.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyG said:

Unfortunately it makes people leary of doing business with the unknown. It just makes guys like you work harder to protect your credibility. Products like yours keep our hobby strong and we rely on quality for the next level of building our models.

Well I do try my hardest to provide quality while not being overly expensive. I know that I had people in here question my credibility, nothing personal I understand, but I had to overcome the stigma of too many shady people coming out of the woodwork.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Well I do try my hardest to provide quality while not being overly expensive. I know that I had people in here question my credibility, nothing personal I understand, but I had to overcome the stigma of too many shady people coming out of the woodwork.

Charles, is that Hemi ready to sell? Hopefully you will make some big block Mopars in the future.

20 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Ah, I was thinking of the one with the long tubes.  Didn’t realize this style intake was also called the cross ram. 

Yeah, those were known as cross rams as well. The Chrysler engineers were so ahead of the times. I'm sure Charles will do the cross ram manifolds justice.

Edited by BobbyG