Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevrolet C40

To me, it doesn't look right as a SRW. With it being a "C/40", it should be a dually with dually style wheels and more narrow aggressive tires. Add stepside fenders to the bed and eliminate the fender flares. Also don't like the rear bumper.   

40 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

Has anyone ever seen a '72 Chevy K/10 or K/20 badge? I never have. Same for the '73-'87s. I remember the C and K being on the 1500, 2500 and 3500. But, not before that.

Fair point on the badging, but the nomenclature was there nonetheless. They called the Blazer “K5” for a reason. 

On 12/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, Plowboy said:

Has anyone ever seen a '72 Chevy K/10 or K/20 badge? I never have. Same for the '73-'87s. I remember the C and K being on the 1500, 2500 and 3500. But, not before that.

Same with Ford, diesels were supposed to be 000 series instead of 00 series, but I've never actually seen a Ford badged like that. I think some of this is just on paper / vin vs badging.

Edited by Aaronw

48 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Did they even build 2 wheel drive Blazers originally? I thought they were all 4x4.

Just the first year ['69]. '70 and later you could get them either way but they seem to be quite rare.

I've only ever seen one 2 wheels drive '70-'72 in person.