Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pair of 53 Studes

My son (age 9) built the original version. I have painted the body as I don't let him yet to work with the paints and thinners in air brushing. Yellow paint is a mixture of creamy white and yellow Humbrol enamels. Roof color is 57 Chrysler's Copper Brown Metallic from spray can. Other wise it is out of the box.

Pro Street version is my old build from 1994. Whole chassis and running gear is from Amt 67 Pro Street Chevelle. Fuel injection is scratch built with Trepanier built 1:1  50 Buick as an inspiration. I guess the idea for the color is also from the same car. Paint is 1K car paint and it is polished with Millenium2000 kit. I even won few trophies with it. Unfortunately the 90s monochromatic style looks quite aged nowadays and also gives the model a pretty "toy like" looks but that was the style then.

Thanks for looking!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

You have to be proud of your sod Study. I recall a neighbor who had a Studebaker with the same color combination. You mention the monochromatic look of your older build. In the '80's this look was often called the "Euro Look" over here. I still like it myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 10:38 AM, Andy Oldenburg said:

Hello Kimmo,

good job and a bit heart moving to hear that you and your son have (or had), a common hobby. That is quite rare and you should cherish those memories.

Hi Andy. Thanks for kind words. We still have this common hobby, my son's Stude is finished about a year ago. He got interesed in model car building when looking at my old builds and as he wanted to start building I also got back in to this hobby after 25 years break. Has been a lot of fun together!