Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Pro Street

bluestringer

Going to try some kit bashing. I'm messing kits up anyway may as well do two at a time. Going to try and use the 67 Chevelle chassis on the 57 Chevy Bel Air HT. Seems to fit fairly well after some hacking on it, still need to do some more fitting. The 57 interior seems to work well with it also. I'll probably use the Chevelle engine if it works out. The 57 colored plastic looks pretty good, may just shoot some clear on it, not sure yet. I've got some other colors in mind. Need to finish up the 70 Chevelle first. 

DSCN0325.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looking good already.  I like the stance.

Thanks Chaz. Don't know if I can get that stance to stay. 

14 hours ago, Zippi said:

Oh yeah...can't beat a Pro Street.

Thanks Bob.

13 hours ago, customline said:

Gee, James, you can probably skip the paint and just polish that beautiful baby blue body!  If you are careful when removing the parting lines and reduce grits all the way through, you can just foil it.  😎  it's a really nice color already.

Just noticed the photo is not accurate. The white balance on the camera made it look blue. It's actually a teal green, but it still looks pretty good as is. Here's a corrected photo.

57 Chevy Pro Street.JPG

• Like 3

I was going to try and polish one of these bodies, but the top on mine was really rough, like it had been sanded with 400 grit, is yours that way? Also the area around the rear window where it joins the trim on top of the quarters was way out of alignment making it hard to get that area smooth.. Cleaned it best I could and just painted it!!

DSCN6373.thumb.JPG.3ad3f1d53563a34cc573aa20417ba17d.JPG

6 hours ago, Vintage AMT said:

I was going to try and polish one of these bodies, but the top on mine was really rough, like it had been sanded with 400 grit, is yours that way? Also the area around the rear window where it joins the trim on top of the quarters was way out of alignment making it hard to get that area smooth.. Cleaned it best I could and just painted it!!

DSCN6373.thumb.JPG.3ad3f1d53563a34cc573aa20417ba17d.JPG

The top on mine is smooth, but I do have that same thing around the back window. I'm not a body man, so it will have to be as is. But I think I'm going to paint it a different color, just not sure what yet.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, customline said:

Purple power!   I love it. Testor's metallics are always a good choice, IMHO. Always had good results with their paints and I lament the death of Model Master.

Thanks Jim.

On 12/15/2022 at 1:42 PM, Zippi said:

That paint is looking good James.

Thanks Bob.

On 12/15/2022 at 8:39 PM, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks stellar.  The purple was a great choice 

Thank you Chaz.

4 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Had to open up the hood for the tall intake on the engine. Still need to finish up the body and interior and do a little touch up, but I like the way it's looking.

IMGP8741.JPG

IMGP8742.JPG

IMGP8743.JPG

Didn't realize you were doing this '57 James, coming along nicely.  I did a purple '57 pro-street also.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, TransAmMike said:

Didn't realize you were doing this '57 James, coming along nicely.  I did a purple '57 pro-street also.

Thanks Mike.

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Nice color, James!  That 67 Chevelle has a great engine. I want to build one myself…

Thanks Carl.

Ok, calling it done. Came out ok I guess. The decals for the rear panel area broke with me. I could have painted it silver but since there is no detail in there I decided it would look best just to leave it as body color. Thanks for the comments. More photos under glass. It's getting too cold to spend much time at the bench in my shed so I'll be taking a couple weeks off, but been thinking about building a military aircraft kit, so may give that a try. I've been having problems with the last 3 or 4 auto kits I've built, maybe time for a change.

IMGP8751.JPG

Edited by bluestringer
  • Like 2