Model Cars Magazine Forum

sealed kit from ebay missing all the tires

i bought a revell 91 firebird kit on ebay that was sealed. i checked it and found all the tires are missing. does anyone know if this is a common issue for this kit. 

im sure i can find tires that will work but i am curious if this is common or maybe kits are resealed?

Well that's the downside of keeping the kits sealed old and new, if something is missing or damaged it's often too late to do something about it.
I usually open my kits to check if they are complete and undamaged but keep them sealed inside.

I got one better. I bought the Revell Peterbilt 359 kit from Walmart a few years ago. I got home opened it and it had a bunch of junk in it. No sign of the Peterbilt. Upon further inspection you could tell someone had cut the very bottom of the shrink wrap to get the box open took the truck out then put the junk in there and taped the shrink wrap back to look like it had never been opened if you didn't really pay attention. I got my money back on it. But the point is you never know what you're getting. 

21 minutes ago, Foxer said:

Those people aren't real modellers. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS

I see it all the time. Go to the Hot Wheels area. The high end collector HW, $6-8 each, but inside the package is a Dollar Tree '3 of $1' cheap DC. The scammer just tapes the bubble back on and WM took it back. These folks will pay someday.....

• Like 1

I got a Revell '50 Olds with Two Chrome Trees. 

I remember getting a sealed AMT Kit n 1981 when AMT was using those execrable Two Piece, Tire Halves and getting 27 Halves in one box. (it should have had 16 Halves, enough to make 4 stock and 4 custom tires) I had those parts in my stash for years, although they are gone now.

I got a sealed Johan kit, from the same shop with Parts molded in two different colours. Tan Body and Blue Chassis.