Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2022 - AMT Diamond Reo C-116

All, 

With little time to spare, my 2022 BRBO entry is done. The rather short WIP thread can be found here

A quick recap:

Stretched frame 25 scale inches, used an AMT Peterbilt sleeper slightly modified and home made crawl through boot.  Larger driver's side fuel tank made from two stock Diamond Reo tank components with strip styrene straps. Stirrup-step on rear deckplate is made from a piece of aluminum rod. Aluminum tube for exhaust stack and styrene rod for the radio and CB antennae. Bits of wiring and hoses added for trailer connections, luberfiner, air conditioner and engine. Roof A/C unit from little window AMT Peterbilt. Aluminum wheels from AMT White Freightliner with Revell Michelin steer tires, AMT Goodyears on front drive axle, and AMT Uniroyals on rear drive axle. Color is Tamiya grey primer, clear coated. Stripe decal from kit. Lettering, permit numbers, and others from various other big rig kits. Weathered with a selection of washes, powders, paints and black RTV silicone for fifth wheel grease. Other than the askew driver's side fender that I didn't catch until after the hood was on, I couldn't be happier. I don't know how the fender got the way it did, but it didn't show up during test fitting so I wonder if I tweaked it polishing the paint. I tried my best to capture a '70s small fleet/owner operator look that's definitely been on a few runs, but a date with the truck wash would have it gleaming again.

2v2eHs5EFx615EV.jpg

2v2eHsrMrx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs53Lx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs5unx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs59Gx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs5UWx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs5vgx615EV.jpg

2v2eHs5Knx615EV.jpg

Edited by Casey429
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awwwww Casey,  that is NICE !!! I really like it very much how you created a convincing  1970 truck.  Gives me some inspirations for mine in the stash: I wanted to leave off the Mercury sleeper or lenghten the frame. But your coice with the 359 sleeper looks much better - also the elongated tank, different drive axle tires and the old A/C unit on the roof. Super paint scheme, too - this light grey works exceptionally well. Definately makes me want to re-start truck modeling in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...